Though the 2006 edition of the Willy Street Fair is now more than two weeks in the past, the memories of summer's end that it conjures still linger. If those memories need refreshing, there were more than a few fairgoers who shot video of many performances among the broad array of live music acts taking the stage that weekend.
Up first is a video "shot by Craig and Kelsey" that features Awesome Car Funmaker playing on the WORT underground stage at the west end of the fair. Decked out in Packers duds and eye black, the quartet rips out "Outlaw" from their 2004 album Green Means Go.
This clip and a wealth of other videos from the fair follows below.
There are many, many more videos out there.
Let's start out with a few crowd shots. Here are three very brief videos offering views of folks hanging out at the fair:
- The first clip features a 180 view of fairgoers watching a performance on the children's stage.
- The second clip features a full 360 view.
- A circle of dancers takes over Willy Street in this third clip.
How about Screamin' Cyn Cyn & The Pons? One fairgoers shot two clips of the popular band performing on the WORT Underground Stage adjacent to the new Livingston condos:
There's even more to watch of the Pons, who look like they were the stars of this year's fair, at least in terms of concertgoers wielding videocameras. Here are four more clips featuring their
Sunday afternoon show:
- Here's the first clip, about two minutes long.
- The second clip features the Pons performing "20 Percent Gay."
- "Blackout Boyfriend" is the featured song in the third video of this series.
- The final clip features the band playing crowd-fave "Transportation."
Let's not forget this video featuring Mama Digdown's Brass Band performing "Work It Out" at the fair's warm-up on the afternoon of Saturday, Sept. 16.
Finally, there's a gargantuan set of concert clips shot by Jesse Russell and Shane Wealti of Dane101:
- The Saturday concert clips start out with a performance featuring el guante and DJ Pain 1.
- MC Starr performs alongside DJ Pain 1 on Saturday in this clip.
- Here's a clip featuring a street performer escaping a straight jacket.
- Watch Kultur Shock perform on Saturday afternoon.
- The final Saturday clip features Mama Digdowns Brass Band playing on the Oasis Stage.
- Watch The Arge play under the sun on the Underground Stage.
- Watch the .357 String Band play on the Underground Stage.
- Watch even more of Screamin' Cyn Cyn & The Pons performance on the Underground Stage.
- Watch The Kissers perform on the Rock Stage.
- Children hula-hoop to the music of Supa Ranks and his Rockstone High Power in this clip.
- Watch a brief clip of a pair of double-decker hula-hoopers at the fair.
- This clip features hula-hooping children.
- Here's a one-man band performing at the intersection of Willy and Brearly streets.
- Watch The Dials play on the Underground Stage.
- Here's a second clip featuring a performance by The Dials.
- Here's another clip featuring a green and gold ACF.
- Want even more ACF? Here's a third clip.
- Finally, watch Trova Viva play on the Culture Stage.
This year's fair certainly provided quite a show.