Before we know it school will be out, the sun will be shinning, and summer will begin. Keeping children active in the summer times takes energy and creativity. Summer camps help children explore outside of the school and family setting. Summer camps build confidence and social skills while allowing the child the opportunity to play and discover new interests.
Parents who live in the Madison area are very lucky to be exposed to a variety of summer camps for children ages three and older. Madison offers camps for children that focus on nature, science, math, sports, art, animals, team building, and more!
Registering your child for their first summer camp can be a tough experience. Your child may be shy or nervous to be separated from their caretaker. Here are some key points to keep in mind when registering your child for their first summer camp.
* If your child has not participated in preschool or daycare start with a half day camp or partial week camp to ease them into the transition.
* Sign your child up with a friend from preschool, neighbor, or sibling and place them in the same camp and request they are in the same camp group.
* Consider your child's interest and any special needs they may have. Register your child for a program they have expressed interest in.
* Talk about camp a few weeks before it is set to begin. Discuss the positives of the camp and allow the excitement to elevate.
* Arrive at camp early the first day to look around, meet the staff, and talk about the events that will occur that day.
* Don't give up! The first day may be tough for both the parent and the child but keep in mind it will get easier. Children adapt quick to change as long as there is a supportive staff along the way.
KEVA Sports Center is Wisconsin's premier sports and recreation facility, featuring classes, leagues and programs for nearly every age and skill level. From soccer, basketball and volleyball to bocce, bags and lacrosse, KEVA is the place to play.
Click for more information about these KEVA programs and promotions:
My first sport (18 months to 6 years)
Athletic Kidz (7 to 14 years )
Birthday Parties (all ages)
MaMom's Resale (youth items resale)