MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 54.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Yoga and pilates

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Yoga and pilates

Postby Shorty » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:14 pm

Yoga and pilates are popular these days. And there are a lot of studios in the Madison area. What studios do you go to? I've been to Bliss, Blackbird, Harbor, and Inner Fire. If I get a groupon deal may try Dragonfly, Satya, and Yoga Eight next.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Yoga and pilates

Postby snoqueen » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:55 pm

I got a licensed physical therapist to set up a Pilates routine for me and I've been doing it at home about five times a week for more than a year. Much cheaper than classes, as long as you have self discipline which it seems I do. It's a fairly standard, reasonably demanding intermediate level routine and I can easily tell how much good it's done.

Each session takes about 40 minutes and I did not have to buy expensive equipment. It's nice being able to work out at home and not have to show up somewhere at a certain hour.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:58 pm

Good for you but I don't mind paying for class because I enjoy getting out of the house and meeting other yogi's and the teachers. I usually enjoy exercising with others more than alone.

I hope you aren't spending too much time at home doing pilates and posting to the dailypage. You should get out and socialize with people, too.
Last edited by Shorty on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:40 pm

You seem to think a person has to be at home to use the internet. You really do need to get out more.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mikem » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:06 pm

I have done the Pilates classes at Pilatespa http://pilatespa.com/ on Atwood. Kathleen is a great instructor. The stretch classes really made a difference in my physical comfort.
mikem

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking