MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Sunday, April 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 63.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

The Biggest Lie...

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

The Biggest Lie...

Postby wack wack » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:57 am

Scott Walker ever told:

Walker said even though he "fundamentally" disagrees with Obamacare, "as an American first, and not a Republican or a politician, for the sake of the country, I would prefer that it work."

With the possible exception of Dale Schultz, there is not Republican alive who puts state or country before party.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Biggest Lie...

Postby DCB » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:04 pm

Is that the biggest lie? how about "we're expanding health care for everyone!".

A response to Republican propagandist Christian Schneider:
Robert Kraig wrote:This is highly misleading because it gives Walker credit he does not deserve for expanded private market health coverage created by Obamacare, which the governor bitterly opposes. In his recently signed budget, Walker forces nearly 90,000 people off BadgerCare. He did broaden eligibility for childless adults in poverty, but this would have happened anyway, and at much lower cost to Wisconsin, if Walker had taken the Affordable Care Act dollars.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:15 pm

Walker is rated one of the least ethical governors in the U.S.

Good government group says Walker among the worst governors
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:56 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Walker is rated one of the least ethical governors in the U.S.

Good government group (CREW) says Walker among the worst governors

"... Donors to CREW include such liberal groups as George Soros' Open Society Institute" wiki

"In reality, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) is a left-wing attack dog masquerading as a "non-partisan watchdog.""
http://crewexposed.com
Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:16 pm

Hmmm,
Rich do you think it surprising that the those affected by the carefully forced agenda of the neocon fantasies over the last 4 decades would strike back in kind?
Did you watch the Republican convention last year and not notice the big dollar guys present (e.g. the Kochs and the Adelsons being fawned over by the intellegencia of the party), did you see David as a delegate?
Yes, striking back in kind is annoying but it does raise awareness.
If this elevated awareness requires dollars from fewtocrats such as Soros, this is sad, but so be it.
I believe it is all of our responsibility to see through the collective subterfuge and demand better, while we still can.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:42 pm

LOL it is hilarious when you leftys get your undies bunched.
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:56 pm

Sandi wrote:LOL it is hilarious when you leftys get your undies bunched.

That is funny!
It really is.
Don't ya think that righty v. lefty is pretty irrelevant?
But, do you know what is very 'funny'?
All of US naturally playing along.
Does that feel good?
It is not good.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:18 am

So does Rich actually beleive the meme that any group which accept money from people like George Soros is automatically untruthful, and that in his opinion there is nothing-at-all unethical about the actions & behavior of Gov. Walker?

And even tho I'm not a "lefty", does Sandi really find it "hilarious" that I'm upset that the GOP has made my workplace a less-safe place to be? Does she really take delight in the way her neighbors and friends are reacting to Walker following through on his "divide and conquer" plan for Wisconsin workers? Does she really think that good citizenship means never complaining and just taking what is being shoved down your throat?

Hard to tell what folks really mean sometime.....especially when it seems that they are just trying to be mean.
penquin
Forum Addict

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:01 am

penquin wrote:So does Rich actually beleive the meme that any group which accept money from people like George Soros is automatically untruthful, and that in his opinion there is nothing-at-all unethical about the actions & behavior of Gov. Walker?

And even tho I'm not a "lefty", does Sandi really find it "hilarious" that I'm upset that the GOP has made my workplace a less-safe place to be? Does she really take delight in the way her neighbors and friends are reacting to Walker following through on his "divide and conquer" plan for Wisconsin workers? Does she really think that good citizenship means never complaining and just taking what is being shoved down your throat?

Hard to tell what folks really mean sometime.....especially when it seems that they are just trying to be mean.

Makes it tough to be a "not a lefty" with this kind of intellectual sludge swimming around in the pool doesn't it?
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:35 am

Sandi sees money as the end. Thus, anything that is not done with the sole purpose of maximizing gain is hysterical.

The concern over the fact that Walker is an unethical liar is funny to Sandi because these things don't hurt gain, they help. Remember: greed is good, any tool or method to that end is also good. Therefore Sandi is unable to see any downside to an unethical lair.

Now let me tell you what I find funny: the fact that conservatives are losing just as much as liberals in this country, but the right wing has convinced it's drooling mass of followers that the problem isn't poor governance, it's black and brown people. Fence out the browns, jail the blacks and everything will be all right... now THAT is a fucking RIOT!!!
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:37 am

penquin wrote:So does Rich actually beleive the meme that any group which accept money from people like George Soros is automatically untruthful, and that in his opinion there is nothing-at-all unethical about the actions & behavior of Gov. Walker?

CREW laid out their criteria and documented their claims.

Rich is welcome to pick 6 Democratic governors that he thinks are worse than Walker, and document their atrocities. Then we can compare and contrast.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:44 am

wack wack wrote: a fucking RIOT!!!
After the the wingnut base realizes they've been taken for a ride, I expect riots to be much more common.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:47 pm

If you like your doctor, you can keep him!
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:48 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:If you like your doctor, you can keep him!

Provider networks are a creation of the private insurance industry not the government.
Next.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:51 pm

wack wack wrote:the problem isn't poor governance, it's black and brown people. Fence out the browns, jail the blacks and everything will be all right

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Local Politics & Government