MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Thursday, April 24, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 48.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Why We Hate Bank of America

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Why We Hate Bank of America

Postby david cohen » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:27 pm

I recently attended my 35th high school reunion and had an interesting chat with an old buddy from those days. He was telling me about his career and said that he had left the family business to join a financing group, the name of which I was unfamiliar. Then he whispered "It's part of Bank of America". Clearly he was not proud...and then I read this article. What horror stories do Madisonians have with BoA?

Mine goes like this: BoA bought my mortgage from Countrywide and every spring, no fail, BoA would bill me for homeowners insurance. Even though they have all of my insurance information, we do the same dance. BoA refused to believe that West Bend Mutual was an actual insurer. Why? West Bend "wasn't in their database". BoA showed no insurance companies in West Bend's zip code and refused to accept my info so they billed me for a premium. It wasn't until I requested a payoff that a manager called me, and got me in touch with an IT manager, who manually added West Bend Mutual into their database.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2 ... erica.aspx
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Why We Hate Bank of America

Postby Bwis53 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:46 pm

BOA was one of the first big banks to raise their Visa card rates around the time of the crash. I no longer do business with them. But I still get dumb shit emails from them. I wish wikileaks had given them and the entire banking industry more exposure.
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:29 pm

Just think, if BoA did business in Texas and committed a capital offense, they could be executed...I mean, since corporations are people and all that...
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:13 am

Jeff Olson, the 40-year-old man who is being prosecuted for scrawling anti-megabank messages on sidewalks in water-soluble chalk last year now faces a 13-year jail sentence. A judge has barred his attorney from mentioning freedom of speech during trial.

http://rt.com/usa/california-man-13-prison-banks-237/

The harsh charges came at the direct request of BoA. Common sense prevailed,and he was acquitted.

"If you're mad about this, if you think this wasn't fair what happened to me, close your Wall Street bank account," Olson said.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Catch All