MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Sunday, April 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 57.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Please Don't Buy a Pet Monkey!

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Postby Garimba » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:13 am

pulsewidth modulation wrote:I'd totally visit something like this. Can monkeys survive in a climate like southern Wisconsin's?

I'd "totally" visit something like this too. If you were in it.
Garimba
Forum Addict

Postby zoobie » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:22 pm

Huh, are service monkees who work for the disabled exempted from this law?
zoobie

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:06 pm

zoobie wrote:Huh, are service monkees who work for the disabled exempted from this law?

The Monkees rock. Just ask Wagstaff.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Please Don't Buy a Pet Monkey!

Postby stacy1627 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:31 am

For everyone's information,monkeys are legal in Wisconsin.You may need to find out about your city or county allowing such animal,but they are legal here.And with no requirements,but I would encourage having the monkey vaccinated and vet check ups. They may be dangerous as people say,but what animal is not.You have to worry about any animal you own biting people,including yourself.I would recommend a small marmoset monkey if you get one.And you do not have to dedicate your life for 50 years as someone had stated.Marmosets live to 10-12 years.And the disgusting habits that were mentioned,they can be trained,just like a child.And being dedicated as long as you own the monkey,aren't we dedicated to our own human children?Is it just like having a human child.If you cannot bring your non human child somewhere you get a babysitter,just like you would for your human child.I would also suggest starting out with a baby marmoset,so they will learn as they grow what is accepted and what is not.Older monkeys seem to be already set in their ways and depending on how they were raised by their previous owner.You also may face the monkey being homesick from previous owners and may test you out.But,that does not mean they will all misbehave and remember they need love and affection too.If you have the patience and can handle a few things being wrecked then they will be lucky to have found a home with you.Good luck to any humans adopting a non human.Love them as you would if they were a child that you had given birth to yourself.Maybe someone should come up with a monkey daycare instead of testing facilities and sanctuaries so people can bring their non human child there,for those who work or need to go out shopping or whatever they need to do.This way,the monkeys would be around their kind at some point in time.And it needs to be affordable,otherwise forget having any business.
stacy1627

Postby Marvell » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:11 pm

stacy1627 wrote:Good luck to any humans adopting a non human.Love them as you would if they were a child that you had given birth to yourself.Maybe someone should come up with a monkey daycare instead of testing facilities and sanctuaries so people can bring their non human child there,for those who work or need to go out shopping or whatever they need to do.

I love this.

And 'Monkey Daycare' is going on the band name short list.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:20 pm

I got my monkey at IKEA
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Headlines