MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Saturday, April 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 35.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Why do you let Meade shit all over...

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Why do you let Meade shit all over...

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:32 pm

Every Mayor Dave article? He isn't participating in a conversation or even posting about the content of the articles. He's tossing his feces at Mayor Dave. Seems like a no brainer to remove his petty bullshit from the site.

Carry on.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Why do you let Meade shit all over...

Postby narcoleptish » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:11 pm

Online comments after news stories, videos, anything really, are one of the worst, most useless things the internet has given us. Readers opinions are not part of the story, I can come up with an opinion all on my own. It's like reading the news out loud at a bar at 1:30 AM and then asking for feedback, and the quality would be about even.

No, you don't have to read them, but just the fact that they're there cheapens the whole shebang.

Forums such as this are completely different. I come here for fun, expecting the bitchers and the haters and partaking in that myself occasionally. I don't read an actual news story and then wonder what some unemployable douchebag in a Seattle coffee shop has to say about it.

Note- This post is offering no opinion on Meade, just commenters in general.

Carry on
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:58 pm

His Mr. Question Man approach is attracting just as favorable an audience as he does when he comes on the forum, I notice. I doubt Dave, or anyone else, is taking him at all seriously.

Personally, I enjoy reading Citizen Dave's column. I can disagree with Dave without thinking he's a freaking idiot. That's a good thing.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Dissent and free expression are key elements of any liberal democracy. Attempting to discourage - dissent, criticism, and even mockery of politicians and their public power-seeking - is essentially reactionary, illiberal, and fascistic.

With this thread, "fisticuffs" may be unintentionally revealing more about his political philosophy than he knows.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:33 pm

You're not offering dissent. You're stalking and bullying. You know it too but you're too huge a soulless douchebag to admit it. It's your name on those posts. Have fun living with that.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:13 pm

Meade, when they attack the messenger instead of the message, and call names and stomp like children, you have long past won the argument.
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:17 pm

Meade wrote:Because Hitler.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:34 pm

Detritus wrote:
Meade wrote:Because Hitler.

Bang! ..."godwin's law" - breached.

It appears that dark players of ridicule are finding purchase on sloppy.
M.H.

Edit- for 'clarity'- I am not going after Detritus's comment, other than to suggest that it contributes to said "sloppy" "purchase".

Whatever
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:56 pm

Sandi wrote:Meade, when they attack the messenger instead of the message, and call names and stomp like children, you have long past won the argument.

Okay, that was from somebody who called everybody who disagreed with her a bunch of fucking idiots and said she was leaving the circle jerk.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Talon Newsman » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:18 pm

Has it ever occurred to you leftists that JJoyce may have good reason to cower and cringe in fear of Merde, like the spineless jellyfish he is?
Talon Newsman
Forum Addict

Postby narcoleptish » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:18 am

Merde? That's a funny typo. Look it up.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:13 am

Dave C. Is happy that ANYONE is reading, let alone commenting on his blog.

Good show Meade (for all the internet's a stage, and we are merely players).
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:39 am

bdog wrote:(for all the internet's a stage, and we are merely players).

Or perhaps "merde players"
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:40 am

Talon Newsman wrote:Has it ever occurred to you leftists that JJoyce may have good reason to cower and cringe in fear of Merde, like the spineless jellyfish he is?

Why does the Isthmus let Meade do whatever he wants? JJoyce has intimated the answer in various posts over time:

1. Free verbiage for the website
B. Drives a lot of clicks whether from Meade defenders like Sandi and blaskaDog (not saying you are Blaska, Dog Boy, just that your content is redolent of Blaska) or those who find Meade's postings irresistibly trollish.
3. He uses his real name-- quite a boon depending on who, and how online curious, one's employer might be. Since Meade has neither employer nor shame, that makes him in some ways the perfect online nag.
IV. Whatever else we complain about with Jason, his is as much of a hands-off moderating as I've encountered in the dwindling number of message boards and listservs to which I've subscribed over the years. Letting the kiddies fight it out themselves is not only a method of parenting, but also a viable message board moderator's strategy.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:48 am

scratch wrote: blaskaDog (not saying you are Blaska, Dog Boy, just that your content is redolent of Blaska)

I've never understood that. Sure I'm conservative on some things but Blaska is conservative on all things.

I have a better sense of humor and don't write people off when we disagree on a few things, even when we disagree on a lot of things.

Heck look at Henry and I always at each others throats, until we find common ground as Stu-called anti-Semites.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Comments on Isthmus & TheDailyPage.com