MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, July 9, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 61.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

What I love about TDPF

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

What I love about TDPF

Postby rogerthat » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:26 am

Interminable spats between Meade and Henry Vilas. It's really important and fascinating. A joy to read. Especially the sockpuppet accusations. I'm looking for 15 minutes to kill before getting in my car and checking out TDPF now takes up at least 3. I vote for a new rule against being dull and petty punishable by immediate loss of posting privileges. If the only reason you post is to entertain yourself then you can do that with MS Word.
rogerthat
Member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: What I love about TDPF

Postby rrnate » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:37 am

I'm a big fan of how Henry and Meade both constantly accuse the other of not answering their questions (as if either of them are ever going to change each other's minds).

Henry is alright in my book, though Meade clearly brings out the worst in him.

Meade is kind of like how Ned used to be but on internet steroids or something; very prolific!

In a perfect world, we'd get them some kind of reality TV show where they have to share an apartment through the presidential election season.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3656
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2002 6:33 pm
Location: Madison's Corporate Underbelly

Re: What I love about TDPF

Postby rogerthat » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:56 am

And forget to turn the camera on. And forget to go in and tell them when it's over. I bet both of them have friends IRL and treat their pets well and can make a decent dinner for their wives but on here they suck. Royally.
rogerthat
Member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: What I love about TDPF

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:58 am

Try the ignore function if you don't want to read certain forons' posts. Or just complain about it instead. The choice is yours.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 19508
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all

Re: What I love about TDPF

Postby Endo Rockstar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:02 am

rrnate wrote:Meade is kind of like how Ned used to be but on internet steroids or something; very prolific!



I was thinking the same thing not a day ago. Our Ned has mellowed.

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:16 pm
Location: Madison

Re: What I love about TDPF

Postby rrnate » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:03 am

Henry Vilas wrote:Try the ignore function if you don't want to read certain forons' posts. Or just complain about it instead. The choice is yours.


This is the other thing I like about Henry - the sensitivity.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3656
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2002 6:33 pm
Location: Madison's Corporate Underbelly

Re: What I love about TDPF

Postby Madsci » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:50 pm

rrnate wrote:I'm a big fan of how Henry and Meade both constantly accuse the other of not answering their questions (as if either of them are ever going to change each other's minds).

Henry is alright in my book, though Meade clearly brings out the worst in him.

Meade is kind of like how Ned used to be but on internet steroids or something; very prolific!

In a perfect world, we'd get them some kind of reality TV show where they have to share an apartment through the presidential election season.


There is a reason why this forum reminds me of my family. I call it pushing someones button. My family will argue even when they agree on something. Politics is a taboo subject when the whole clan is together.
Madsci
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:47 pm


Return to Comments on Isthmus & TheDailyPage.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


FacebookcommentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar