MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 34.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Invitation to Cornbread

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Invitation to Cornbread

Postby Cornbread » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:19 pm

bleurose wrote:Cornbread......when the opportunity to "engage in real discussion" is handed to him on a silver platter - which is what he snarkily claims he wants to do - oh, well, all of a sudden, it's "not worth his time".

Kewl! Man, all of my posts stating why I prefer text for discussion/debate and the only thing you remember is a four word sentence? :D You appear to be more qualified to be a leftist as you can actually remember not a three word slogan, but FOUR WORDS!!!!!! You be leading edge there bubba.
"Hope And Change andallthatjazzagain"?

BTW, you are an excellent example of why I prefer text discussions/debates. (precision in meaning and no one can accuse a person of saying xyz if they didn't).

You seen my cows down there?
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:24 pm

Galoot wrote:I'd be happy to go on the show, but I would have to call via Magic Jack or Skype from Brazil, I guess.

I thought you were one of the sheltered leftists that have decided now to hold themselves hostage until all things 'non left' is banished from this website?

Funny as almost to a person, leftists constantly whine about how bad this country is, how unfair this country is, how racist this country is, how the root of all evil this country is.....yet they wouldn't dream of leaving their lil gravy train in this land of milk and honey.

But if that's what ya'lls gotta do to make ya'll feel so special, then have at it. Just stop getting mad when other people laugh at you or think you're, well, just another leftist.
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:32 pm

pjbogart wrote: Sno seemed to think Cornbread was multiple people

But now that evil for profit corporation called snoqueen will never know as she too put on the clown suit and is holding herself hostage and will NOT be released until all things not leftist are banished from this board. :lol:

The whole "leftist" and :lol: thing is just to irritate people

No really, ya'll be seriously, knee slapping funny. And what makes ya'll hilarious is how serious you take yourselves--between begging for banishment of some and proclaiming this and that about others of course.

It also explains why Cornbread balked at Stu's invitation. People would recognize Meade from the creepy videos he makes with his wife.

Now we're talking about people's wives? You are such a leftist democrat. Are you one of those democrat party 'trackers' that stay in the bushes outside of people's houses and videotape them?
Do you also post videos of their children? Heck, one of you leftist democrats even moved in next door to Gov. Palin to peep out the windows at her and her daughters.

You're such a leftist democrat.
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:36 pm

Cornbread wrote: I personally knew quite a few willy street types that would take great pride in shouting/shutting down any other POV but their leftist trance induced stuff.
Evolve into what? I've been to a lot of places, different cultures, different, well, pretty much everything, and even being a former leftist myself, and so now I should listen to an isolated and insulated leftist kid in madison tell me about how the really is (because his professors/wort/pbs/msnbc/etc) said it is?

So I should "evolve" into becoming more like it?
Sorry, but that would be a regression rather than any evolution.

Or should I "evolve" into being more like leftists and put instead of all of the people here on 'ignore', just half of them to show I'm "still evolving"? :lol:
Most of us pick and choose as to value. If someone is a drone, it's quickly apparent, so it has very little value to me. I've already LEARNED that. :D

Mr. Pain du Maize,
You have many many words. Much of which irritate right leaning and left leaning thinkers here. I find this interesting, so I was sincere in my wish to hear you real time. I can't blame you for wanting to keep your discourse on your terms. But there seems to be kernel in this corn that has collected some wisdom, even if much of it sticks in your craw.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Mad Howler wrote:You have many many words. Much of which irritate right leaning and left leaning thinkers here.

That usually happens as I sometimes irritate both left and right.
But after all, politics is everthing, so that's a lot to have vested and not get someone annoyed at what one says.

I find this interesting, so I was sincere in my wish to hear you real time.

Pick one and I'll answer to it. You may or may not like the answer though, so pick wisely. ;)
I could call you wiley, as in wiley coyote, but they aren't mad. So I could call you islamofascist, as they do seem to be quite mad on many levels, and their religion worships the moon.
Will MH do? :D

I can't blame you for wanting to keep your discourse on your terms.

And for all the whining stu is doing, one would think that no discourse is taking place here. It appears there is a lot of discussion taking place here, and some of it must be hitting close to some people's igloo because some of them sure do go ballistic.

Maybe ol stu just wants another way to get ratings for himself?

Maybe ol stu cannot type? Nah, I've seen some of his posts.

Heck, maybe ol stu only wants to talk on his terms, in his chair, at his place, and only have him decide who from the outside can contribute to the discussion?

I guess that shows more about him and what he thinks of the people here that can chime in any time they want, 24/7/365.

But there seems to be kernel in this corn that has collected some wisdom, even if much of it sticks in your craw.

There is and here it is--I was down south today and ya'll sure are hosed. The sweet corn crop is going to be, well, indian maize like with tiny ears due to the drought. No sweet sustenance. :(
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby alpuz » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:46 pm

"But if that's what ya'lls gotta do to make ya'll feel so special, then have at it. Just stop getting mad when other people laugh at you or think you're, well, just another leftist.
Cornbread
Forum Addict

Top"

heh.. oh irony. Once again there 'he who's been unfairly misjudged but is unwilling to let it all hang out on the talking box' it's y'all. I done learned that from a Texan, Haus.
alpuz

Postby Stu Levitan » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:24 pm

Cornbread wrote:Heck, maybe ol stu only wants to talk on his terms, in his chair, at his place, and only have him decide who from the outside can contribute to the discussion?

Well, to be on the radio, we sort of have to talk at my place, you know. That's where the microphones and transmitter are.

And, yes, as host and producer I am saying it is YOU, Cornbread, YOU! who I am inviting in from the outside to contribute to the discussion on my, yes MY radio show.

Just so we're clear -- you understand that I am offering you an hour's air time (with permanent download/podcast) on a major commercial radio station to discuss your views of several specific topics on which you have frequently posted. And that's not .... worth your time?

One more thing -- for the Love of God, please get it right: "y'all," not "ya'll." Thanks.
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Cornbread wrote:Pick one and I'll answer to it. You may or may not like the answer though, so pick wisely.
I could call you wiley, as in wiley coyote, but they aren't mad. So I could call you islamofascist, as they do seem to be quite mad on many levels, and their religion worships the moon.
Will MH do?

Well...I guess I will choose to recognize the advice of many other forons and not indulge your nonsense. My apologies to the rest of the community.
Last edited by Mad Howler on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby alpuz » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:32 pm

Good luck, Stu. But anyone who has been reading these forums knows 'cornbread' intentionally spells y'all as ya'll to agitate those he perceives as his ideological opponents. It will quit typing ya'll about the same time it agrees to bringing his game to the radio waves.

I' d love to see it happen, and best o' luck.
alpuz

Postby Cornbread » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:04 am

alpuz wrote:heh.. oh irony. Once again there 'he who's been unfairly misjudged but is unwilling to let it all hang out on the talking box' it's y'all. I done learned that from a Texan, Haus.

It is ironic....as I used to actually live in texas...and I even had a texas drivers license. :shock: I thought those were so impossible to get!

Come to think of it, I've had 5 different drivers licenses in, well, 5 different states. :shock: And I thought those were so difficult to get that, well, only white people got them, or rich people!
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:16 am

Stu Levitan wrote:Just so we're clear -- you understand that I am offering you an hour's air time (with permanent download/podcast) on a major commercial radio station to discuss your views of several specific topics on which you have frequently posted.

I think that I am able to firmly grasp what a radio show is. I may not live in madison anymore, but I still live in a place that has electricity and am able to consume other forms electronic media. Yup, got it. :D

And that's not .... worth your time?

Actually, it's not. I'm not lying to you as I have no reason to.
I can only say the same things 8 different ways--I cannot make you believe it. That's up to you.

One more thing -- for the Love of God, please get it right: "y'all," not "ya'll." Thanks.

Stu! Baby! You might try smoking reefer or something as you get so uptight over the tiniest things. RELAX! Not everything's some plot of the rich, or bush, or whatever and it's OK if someone doesn't use the MLA handbook in their written communications. Really. It's not a life or death thing here stuie. Some people actually spend time here to catch up on things/people, discuss/debate.....and/or/while killing time, relaxing...
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:23 am

Mad Howler wrote:
Cornbread wrote:Pick one and I'll answer to it.

Well...I guess I will choose to recognize the advice of many other forons and not indulge your nonsense.

You got me on that one. Multi-tasking, I thought you were asking what to call me--name wise--as for some reason people seem to really want to know my real name. It was "real name" vs. "real time" screw up.

My wife got a new, upgraded fone and every time she thought something was kewl, she had to show me, walking me through it. 8) But really, I'm OK with it. :D

My apologies to the rest of the community.

Excellent! Now maybe they can slowly start releasing a few hostages as their demands are slowly being met?
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:58 am

Well I guess we know where all the State Journal message board RWNJs migrated to when they closed that sucker down...but I predict that after Barry whips Mittens, some of the trash will be taken out around these parts. But you know how RWNJs are, someone still has to carry that poster of the aborted fetus around.
Sonny Landreth, anyone?
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:08 am

david cohen wrote:Sonny Landreth, anyone?

Huh? Please explain that reference.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:10 am

david cohen wrote:Sonny Landreth, anyone?

Hell, yes.
(Hank- tonight at la fete, followed by Marcia Ball)
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government