MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wisconsin Film Festival 2009
Saturday, April 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 35.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Changes in Wisconsin Retirement System

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Changes in Wisconsin Retirement System

Postby Mean Scenester » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:53 am

Please don't ask cornhole to expound upon a statement he's either too fucking stupid or disingenuous to know is a lie. It just encourages him.

For anyone who honestly doesn't get it, you need only look at the UW-Madison campus:

http://jobs.wisc.edu/jobs-classified.htm

There are more than 5,000 classified staff employees on campus, comprising approximately 30 percent of the campus workforce.

So 70% of the campus workforce is non-represented, yet all are covered by WRS (LTEs, etc. notwithstanding).

This is the perennial problem with this debate. The greatest detractors of WRS either have no fucking clue what they're talking about or are only making noise to perpetuate a huge fucking lie, which shouldn't surprise anyone since that's all the GOP has left in it's tactical playbook.

I think the legislators in favor of undermining WRS should be forced to divest themselves completely before they're allowed to say word-fucking-one about it. And I think the run-of-the-mill Republican needs to be made aware that everyone he or she has successfully elected to state office is a WRS stakeholder. But if you enjoy being spoken to like you're a pathetic vegetable who doesn't have the mental prowess to wipe your own ass, that's your prerogative, I guess.
Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:47 pm

Pew Center: Wisconsin's pension fund strongest
Wisconsin is the only state in the nation to receive high marks for its public employee pension system.

The Pew Center on the States report says only Wisconsin has enough money set aside to meet its current obligations for pensions. The "solid performer" ranking is for fiscal year 2010. That's before Republican Gov. Scott Walker and the Legislature required public employees to contribute more to their pension.

Some states facing financial challenges have moved away from traditional pensions, which guarantee a certain retirement level to employees. The states have moved toward plans similar to a 401K in which employers contribute to an employees' investment plan, but don't guarantee results.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel said the Pew study found only Wisconsin's pension system is fully funded, while the national average is 75 percent for state systems.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Mean Scenester wrote:cornhole

I kept wondering why leftists kept using that term instead of my screen name, "cornbread". So I finally did a yahoo search on what you madison leftist democrats keep calling me:

corn hole

to engage in anal sex, on the giving end.
See more words with the same meaning: anal sex.
http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meanin ... /corn-hole

Ah yes, now everyone is once again reminded of how leftists really are--petty, intolerant, angry. Did calling me that make you feel good son? Are you finally something in your own little world of like minded petty, angry madison leftists?

Oh, wait! The gay guy 'dan savage' is too from madison and--surprise, surprise, he's a leftist too.

Here's what yet another leftist from madison wisconsin did to a family man that happened to dare disagree with the infuriated, gay leftist madison agenda. He took his sex advice column and encouraged his gay/leftist readers to define the last name of the family man, Santorum, as well:

Savage announced the winning entry, which defined "santorum" as "the frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex."[4] He created a web site, spreadingsantorum.com (and santorum.com), to promote the definition, which became a prominent search result for Santorum's name on several web search engines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaign_f ... _neologism

It seems like the petty, angry leftists sure are stuck on anal sex.

Yet another reason out of, what 237, why normal people are fleeing the New Democrat Party.

The New Democrat Party:

anyway, back from exposing the leftists that dominate the democrat party.

I do love how the petty, madison leftists focus only on the UW madison, and other madison government entities. but what the heck, they're just leftists, cocooned in madison.

http://local68.union-local.org/Content/C24_Locals.htm

But if you enjoy being spoken to like you're a pathetic vegetable who doesn't have the mental prowess to wipe your own ass

Don't tell me, you're a leftist, living in madison, and are the face of the New Democrat Party.

I've been told to leave you petty leftists alone so people can just see who you really are, but I think this is also an excellent way of letting people know just what type specie is running the new democrat party these days.

So what else do you want to talk about?
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby peripat » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:20 pm

So actually your whole political position is based on your hatred of gay people, huh?
peripat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:23 pm

You mean you didn't understand that 'Cornhole" was a term of endearment?

But how about answering my question -- do you understand that the state retirement covers more than just union employees?

(And I still don't understand your basic world-view -- if leftists dominate the Democratic Party, why isn't Bernie Sanders a Democrat? And why is the Green Party still active?)
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:10 pm

Actually, I think he tried to answer your question Hank. It's just that some of his posts were so incoherent that it made me wonder if he was drunk-posting. But I gor the impression when he was arguing with someone else that he did know that non-union workers were in the fund. They are "in cahoots" or some such language.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:10 pm

Obama is a Democrat, but he is not a leftist.

I am a leftist, so I should know.

Furthermore, I've taken leftist vows, which have to be recited standing in a bathtub in a pouring rain with one's left hand on the steering wheel of a '63 VW bus. (Don't ask.) I am in a position to know Obama did not take leftist vows. So he isn't avowed, either.

Can we leftists please get some respect around here?

And I am a former university employee, non-union, who had a state retirement account. When I left I cashed it in and bought my first house. That was and is one great fund. Can people get the details right before they spout off?

And C-man, lay off the anti-gay stuff. If you don't like gay pride parades, go somewhere there aren't any gay people.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:34 pm

snoqueen wrote:And C-man, lay off the anti-gay stuff. If you don't like gay pride parades, go somewhere there aren't any gay people.

Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick, Sno! Haven't you learned not to tell internet trolls that something bothers you? Now all of his posts will be about gay leftists and include five moronicons each.

On a side note, I've never met an "anti-gay" person who wasn't actually a closeted gay person. It took some time for Cornholio to find that sweet Elton John look-alike and I suspect he used up a few Kleenex in his search. You don't sit around thinking about gay people unless you have a good reason, right?

That would also explain his almost frantic need to tell us how conservative he is.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:47 pm

Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick, Sno! Haven't you learned not to tell internet trolls that something bothers you? Now all of his posts will be about gay leftists and include five moronicons each.

Pj, now look what you just did. (whiny voice)

I can't go back and take it out, because you quoted it.

[Rolling-eyes moronicon 2x]
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:01 pm

Cornie is averaging 9.89 posts per day since joining TDP five weeks ago.

And every one a gem.
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:51 am

This place has become an Old Country Buffet for trolls.
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:45 am

I have seen no evidence at all of moderator activity in months.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:06 am

So when Walker says he is "open" to changes in the WRS, Cornholio must get aroused..so much for my appetite!
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:19 am

Cornbread wrote:
Mean Scenester wrote:cornhole

I kept wondering why leftists kept using that term instead of my screen name, "cornbread". So I finally did a yahoo search on what you madison leftist democrats keep calling me:

corn hole

to engage in anal sex, on the giving end.
See more words with the same meaning: anal sex.
http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meanin ... /corn-hole

It's cute that you managed to find a definition of action which suggests you may be in some sort of power position. In fact, anyone here who refers to you as "cornhole" is referring to you as the target of said action, not the actor.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:20 am

The Wisconsin State Journal's take on this story:
Walker "open'"to making changes to state pension system
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government