MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Sunday, April 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 73.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Calling 2012.

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Calling 2012.

Postby Bludgeon » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:39 am

Done.

Forget the people who say they support the president in the WI exit polls. They're lying. If Wisconsin isn't blue, Ohio and Florida are red.

Prediction: Romney, plus 8
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Calling 2012.

Postby Remember_Me » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:19 pm

Bludgeon wrote:
Romney, plus 8

You talking about his secret wives?

Or the name of his new TLC show he'll have after he loses?
Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:21 pm

Bludgeon wrote:Prediction: Romney, plus 8

I'll take the over.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Depends upon who he picks for a VP.
I like Rubio, but the dems said the republicans are too racist to do that. I know, I can't make any sense out of that either, but oh well, it's the new democrat party.

There are so many great conservatives out there to choose from.
Paul Ryan won't as he's the numbers chief, trying to prevent the US from going off a financial cliff. He's too committed to do that to be a VP. I also think Nikki Haley would also be outstanding (and the best behind Rubio), but I think she's too loyal to her constituents in SC. That leaves Jindal. I heard an interview of his and he's very very concerned about the financial future of the US.

Rubio would be best in many ways, but I'd like to see Nikki Haley.
I love it when leftists bash and try to destroy women. I think Nikki has been through that democrat bashfest already.
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:32 am

Cornbread wrote:Depends upon who he picks for a VP.
I like Rubio, but the dems said the republicans are too racist to do that. I know, I can't make any sense out of that either, but oh well, it's the new democrat party.

There are so many great conservatives out there to choose from.
Paul Ryan won't as he's the numbers chief, trying to prevent the US from going off a financial cliff. He's too committed to do that to be a VP. I also think Nikki Haley would also be outstanding (and the best behind Rubio), but I think she's too loyal to her constituents in SC. That leaves Jindal. I heard an interview of his and he's very very concerned about the financial future of the US.

Rubio would be best in many ways, but I'd like to see Nikki Haley.
I love it when leftists bash and try to destroy women. I think Nikki has been through that democrat bashfest already.

I don't think they'll want anybody famous on the ticket, divisive or not; I know I don't want the VP to be a distraction even for positive reasons - finally I see the wisdom of the Biden choice, a VP should pretty much blend in with the wallpaper. Save the big personalities for the cabinet and the congress. Obama looks powerless to confront the swarming tides engulfing the ship of his candidacy - imagine how small he would look if his VP had the stature of Hillary Clinton.

I'm a little impressed, even in a wave election, to see so many conservatives on TDPF lately. Pretty cool.
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:47 am

Cornbread wrote:I love it when leftists bash and try to destroy women.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peanutbutter » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:00 am

A group of Democratic female senators on Wednesday declared war on the so-called “gender pay gap,” urging their colleagues to pass the aptly named Paycheck Fairness Act when Congress returns from recess next month. However, a substantial gender pay gap exists in their own offices, a Washington Free Beacon analysis of Senate salary data reveals.

Of the five senators who participated in Wednesday’s press conference—Barbara Mikulski (D., Md.), Patty Murray (D., Wash.), Debbie Stabenow (D., Mich.), Dianne Feinstein (D., Calif.) and Barbara Boxer (D., Calif.)—three pay their female staff members significantly less than male staffers.

Murray, who has repeatedly accused Republicans of waging a “war a women,” is one of the worst offenders. Female members of Murray’s staff made about $21,000 less per year than male staffers in 2011, a difference of 33.8 percent.

That is well above the 23 percent gap that Democrats claim exists between male and female workers nationwide.

http://freebeacon.com/senate-dems-betray-lilly/
Peanutbutter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:54 pm

Oh, PB. I can't tell if you're too thick to realize those stats are meaningless without knowing the specifics of staffers' positions, or if you know that and are just doing your part in the conservative shitbucket brigade. Keep it movin', folks, don't mind the smell...
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:16 am

Then you have to realize that is also true about the national figures the Dems throw around (and have you noticed the 23% gap never seems to change?). Those stats are meaningless without knowing the specifics of staffers' positions, isn't that right Ducatista?
Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:40 pm

Bludgeon,
Great points. :D

I agree about the soap dish pick of biden. But then again, it's biteme--he's a walking blunder machine. The sleeping seat heater herb kohl would have been safer as I don't think he speaks much between doodling and sleeping.

I can see romney taking a less political position and more of a business position when he gets elected. And good businessmen, leaders and managers (like he's proven to be), know the power of getting good people aboard and delegating.

And that's zerobam's weakness--he's too arrogant to admit he's incompetent and with the STRONG personality of his wife, no one wants to take a lead in anything out of fear. So nothing gets done in his administration with the exception of a group of people that already had their plans/agenda written before he was prezzie. He got the immaculation and the office has been on autopilot since, the off site institutional lefties doing what their goal is, while the every day duties of running the country are stacking up on his desk--too much work and too many details, complexities for that unproven flop.

Bludgeon wrote:I'm a little impressed, even in a wave election, to see so many conservatives on TDPF lately. Pretty cool.

It is. Who knows, maybe even reality comes to those that have insulated themselves from it for so long. I guess this can be called 'change'. I don't think they realized how much the world outside of their leftist sphere has changed. This board seems to have--most haven't.
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby WestSideYuppie » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Cornbread wrote:It is. Who knows, maybe even reality comes to those that have insulated themselves from it for so long. I guess this can be called 'change'. I don't think they realized how much the world outside of their leftist sphere has changed. This board seems to have--most haven't.

Nobody's insulated. We're inundated with right wing propaganda. If we work in a typical workplace, then we're blasted with talk radio during the day.

On the other hand, your apparent level of willful ignorance of life within Madison doesn't seem plausible to me either, suggesting that you've created a fictitious online persona for yourself.
WestSideYuppie
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:29 am

WestSideYuppie wrote:We're inundated with right wing propaganda. If we work in a typical workplace, then we're blasted with talk radio during the day.

"right wing propaganda" and "blasted". I do believe you are extra sensitive to all things not left. Where are these offices/workplaces that radio is blasted?

Do you know why conservative talk radio started, why it's been successful and why the leftist version never has worked?

Because the mainstream media are dominated by leftists--ya know, from the j schools (journalism) that openly teaches 'advocacy journalism', slant everything to the left or lefter and leave uncovered a lot of stories that they deem aren't worthy of us unwashed, uneducated masses to hear.

Once the serfs have realized how filtered and slanted the information is (by being exposed to 'alternative media), more and more people have moved to the alternative media while the lamestream media have continued to shrink and shrink--all the while the lamestreamers blame their customers or their (alternative) competition. :lol:

Speaking of blame and attack, I'm running late for this war on women us non-leftists are doing. I've gotta pack my parachute, tell my elected officials to continue waging war on half of their voters, and of course, as a corporation, you too should try and poison and kill your customers.

Let's get busy! It's going to be a busy day in leftist la la land. ;)
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Return to National Politics & Government