MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Saturday, April 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 55.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Birther Obama

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: "No Person except a natural born Citizen,"

Postby Steve Vokers » Thu May 17, 2012 7:27 pm

Just the other day I was thinking about pancakes. Not sure why. I never really liked them.
Steve Vokers
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:58 am

Re: "No Person except a natural born Citizen,"

Postby bdog » Thu May 17, 2012 7:37 pm

They don't get it Meade because they didn't click on your link.

Who is responsible for this becoming another birther thread? Not you.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3182
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:26 am

Re: "No Person except a natural born Citizen,"

Postby Viator » Thu May 17, 2012 7:42 pm

"Kenyan-born US Senate hopeful, Barrack Obama,"

http://web.archive.org/web/200406271427 ... 060403.htm
Viator
Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 7:39 pm

Re: "No Person except a natural born Citizen,"

Postby Galoot » Thu May 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Did you guys read that Donna Summer died of cancer? Very sad. I generally hated most disco back in the 70's, but I didn't mind any of her songs, she had some class.
Galoot
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2001 1:10 pm

Re: "No Person except a natural born Citizen,"

Postby snoqueen » Thu May 17, 2012 7:54 pm

I am considering painting the bathroom.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 10944
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:42 pm

Re: "No Person except a natural born Citizen,"

Postby bdog » Thu May 17, 2012 8:05 pm

Image
bdog
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3182
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:26 am

Re: "No Person except a natural born Citizen,"

Postby sallybell » Thu May 17, 2012 8:47 pm

snoqueen wrote:I am considering painting the bathroom.


I've been considering painting my bathroom for about 5 years. I think a nice deep blue would look good, but I'm somewhat lacking in motivation. I did paint my spare bedroom a nice deep green, and I really like it.
sallybell
Senior Member
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: "No Person except a natural born Citizen,"

Postby green union terrace chair » Thu May 17, 2012 9:08 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:You lied with that make up quote. Why should we trust anything you say if you are that dishonest?

BTW, that is not included in the definition of an ad homimem.

Henry, the quote in the original post is not from the wikipedia article. It's from the breitbart.com article you'd see if you click that link the whole quote is made of.

It was just a poorly formatted post.
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2802
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Memorial Union

Re: "No Person except a natural born Citizen,"

Postby Detritus » Thu May 17, 2012 9:45 pm

green union terrace chair wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:You lied with that make up quote. Why should we trust anything you say if you are that dishonest?

BTW, that is not included in the definition of an ad homimem.

Henry, the quote in the original post is not from the wikipedia article. It's from the breitbart.com article you'd see if you click that link the whole quote is made of.

It was just a poorly formatted post.

Absolutely! It's not a lie--it's an unfortunate choice of fonts.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2287
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: "No Person except a natural born Citizen,"

Postby rabble » Thu May 17, 2012 10:25 pm

I'm not a birther, but I'm not sure Obama was born here. I just want to get all the facts out. And keep talking about how Obama is a muslim Kenyan who wants to take away my guns.

I'm just trying to get to the truth. About how Obama might be a terrorist. I'm not saying he is. I just want to talk about it a lot.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 5764
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: "No Person except a natural born Citizen,"

Postby swimmingupstream » Thu May 17, 2012 10:33 pm

And it surprises you that Meade and Ann Allthouse are once again engaging in race baiting because? It is the bread and butter of her blog.
swimmingupstream
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: "No Person except a natural born Citizen,"

Postby green union terrace chair » Thu May 17, 2012 11:16 pm

Detritus wrote:
green union terrace chair wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:You lied with that make up quote. Why should we trust anything you say if you are that dishonest?

BTW, that is not included in the definition of an ad homimem.

Henry, the quote in the original post is not from the wikipedia article. It's from the breitbart.com article you'd see if you click that link the whole quote is made of.

It was just a poorly formatted post.

Absolutely! It's not a lie--it's an unfortunate choice of fonts.

You're missing the point. The quote is not from the wikipedia article.
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2802
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Memorial Union

Re: "No Person except a natural born Citizen,"

Postby Mad Howler » Thu May 17, 2012 11:28 pm

Mr. Meade,

Ya all do project to much, me thinks.

Back in Herr Schwats hay day I remember ya cons dreaming up ways to put him forward as a presidential candidate. Well, what is your collective angling at?


Eligibility
Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 of the Constitution sets the principal qualifications one must meet to be eligible to the office of president. A president must:
be a natural-born citizen of the United States;[note 1]
be at least thirty-five years old;
have been a permanent resident in the United States for at least fourteen years.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:36 pm

Re: "No Person except a natural born Citizen,"

Postby Detritus » Thu May 17, 2012 11:38 pm

green union terrace chair wrote:You're missing the point. The quote is not from the wikipedia article.

Joke. It was a joke.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2287
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: "No Person except a natural born Citizen,"

Postby green union terrace chair » Thu May 17, 2012 11:44 pm

Detritus wrote:
green union terrace chair wrote:You're missing the point. The quote is not from the wikipedia article.

Joke. It was a joke.

Sorry, going back to Defcon 5.
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2802
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Memorial Union

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


FacebookcommentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar