MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Sunday, April 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 68.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

dehumidifiers

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

dehumidifiers

Postby narcoleptish » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:00 am

Looking for recommendations for a new one. I've put in some time on internet review sites and most of the positive reviews seem contrived and planted. Need it for an 800 sq ft unfinished basement. Energy efficiency and performance are more important to me than noise.

Appreciate any recos or warnings. Thanks.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Re: dehumidifiers

Postby snoqueen » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:44 am

I got a perfectly serviceable one at Farm & Fleet a few years ago. I left it in the old house when I sold, so I can't tell you the make. It was made in Asia, but perhaps they all are. White plastic, about 2 1/2 feet tall, etc etc.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:02 am

I also got one from Farm and Fleet a few years back. It's an Energy Star rated Amana and it was cheaper than the pos sold at Menard's.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:37 pm

Ditto on the ones at F&F.

Even though the hygrometer shows it's actually really dry in here right now and I should probably get the humidifier going.
Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Sat May 05, 2012 9:30 am

I know you have all been waiting with bated breath, to hear an update in my battle with below-grade moisture. Well here it is..

I BOUGHT A KENMORE!

Yes, a wonderful white Kenmore, made by LG in some filth-belching factory in Shenzhen China. I'm so looking forward to 16-18 months of dependable service before the $200 control board shorts out and it joins that mountain of other chinese "goods" over at the local landfill.

Thank you Sno, Hank, and RM for being the only folks to take a break from the recall talk to respond to my query.

If I had titled the thread "What kind of dehumidifier does scott walker have?" we would probably be on page 10 by now.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Catch All