MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Thursday, April 24, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 52.0° F  Light Rain
Collapse Photo Bar

Storage Wars Obsession

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?

Storage Wars Obsession

Postby drinkinblackcoffee » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:34 am

Over the last couple weeks, I've become obsessed with this Storage Wars show. I have a feeling I'm not the only one.
To those obsessed:
- Is Storage Wars, Texas just missing something? I can't put it into specifics.
- If you were to gain confirmed knowledge that the show is completely fixed (unlike the obvious feeling that it has to be), would it ruin it for you? It reminds me a bit of pro-wrestling as a kid, I knew it was fake, but when old wrestlers started going on record that it was, it just kind of ruined things.
-Taken out of the scenery of gnarled up douchebags, how hot is Brandi actually?
drinkinblackcoffee
Forum Addict

Re: Storage Wars Obsession

Postby Shorty » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:23 pm

I already said how much I like Storage Wars (Calif), Hardcore Pawn, and the car repo shows like Lizard Lick and South Beach tow. Yee hah, it don't get no better than those shows! But nobody replied:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=53090

Brandi would be hot if she weren't married. The Texas storage wars cast is bad, as are most things in Texas.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby drinkinblackcoffee » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:38 pm

Sorry I missed your post.

I've moved on from Pawn Stars, but for a while that was my go-to. Haven't seen Picker Sister, but I could probably stomach that one. One of those repo shows you mentioned was so obviously scripted I just couldn't watch it. Which does lead back to my question about Storage Wars; if it was verified as fixed, does it ruin the show?
There's no way those guys are finding thousands of dollars in collectible coins or expensive artwork that consistently. I gaurantee those type of lockers are a one in a thousand type find.
The other thing I find amusing is how they way overprice what they find. A shitty scuffed up end table? Thats a fifty dollar bil....
drinkinblackcoffee
Forum Addict

Postby Igor » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:49 pm

Define "fixed" - I am guessing that for every locker they show, they film 50 others. Also, many of the estimates are by the buyers - there is no guarantee the items actually sell for that.
Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:29 am

Yes, Storage Wars Texas is missing something: Brandi.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby drinkinblackcoffee » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:55 pm

I admit I've searched Brandi Passante enough times that I had to go "delete history" on the computer. My wife isn't a total prude, but no woman other than her should be getting that kind of attention.

I wouldn't give a channel like A&E too much credit for keeping reality TV "real". If they spent a day filming and every single locker was shit, they wouldn't have a show. As a producer, if you show up to the auction site a half-hour early, crack a locker, and chuck a Les Paul into the back of the locker, you've gauranteed yourself an episode. It seems obvious to me that this has to be what they are doing, I'd be curious to see what others think.

As long as they keep the buyers in the dark, this type of "fix" is OK for me. If Dave Hester or the other guys are in on the fix, they'll start trying to act and fuck the whole thing up. Its probably already fucked - they've been through the show once now and have learned a good percentage of the lockers allocated to the show will be stocked with something good. That means if they make a second season, they'll all be overbidding. Its already fucked.

When I watched those car towing/repo shows, its seemed painfully obvious that the repo guys were in on the fix. I don't care how big you are, you don't run up on a house filled with shady looking people and try to take their vehicle. You'd go stealth, unless you knew Jedi mind fuck tricks so they'd think you were doing them a favor. And only one person in skeezy reality TV has that ability....
drinkinblackcoffee
Forum Addict

Postby TheBookPolice » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:38 pm

drinkin, sounds like you could really use a frozen pizza with all that TV you're watching.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:03 pm

I haven't seen a Les Paul in his garage yet, but my neighbor is a locker-picker (or whatever you want to call it) and he definitely has some interesting and strange shit (or whatever you want to call it) at his occasional garage sales. I never miss them, though I don't buy stuff any more having spent the last ten years trying to get rid of what I bought in the twenty years before that.

No Brandi at his place, though. Just a very large, hairy dog.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby john_titor » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:30 pm

Another vote for Brandi.
john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:42 pm

drinkinblackcoffee wrote:I've moved on from Pawn Stars, but for a while that was my go-to.

It's Hardcore Pawn I like, not Pawn Stars. Pawn Stars is the boring show from Nevada with the bald guy. Hardcore Pawn is from Detroit with Les, Seth and Ashley and lots of swearing, yelling, and fighting. Good, wholesome TV to relax with.

Jarrod better worry about the attention Brandi is getting:

http://www.brandipassante.net/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brandi-Pa ... 6519468327
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:16 am

wack wack wrote:Yes, Storage Wars Texas is missing something: Brandi.

Then, um, it's missing "two" things.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:22 am

Ned's man crush with Bill Clinton continues...
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:33 am

Henry Vilas wrote:Ned's man crush with Bill Clinton continues...

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby drinkinblackcoffee » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:44 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:drinkin, sounds like you could really use a frozen pizza with all that TV you're watching.

If there was only someplace walkable to go and get one...we can dream.
drinkinblackcoffee
Forum Addict

Return to TV