MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Sunday, April 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 55.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

The Wahmbulance

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

The Wahmbulance

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:22 am

It's coming Mr. Schiff. Don't get stressed.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bonus-wit ... 00338.html
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Wahmbulance

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:35 am

As so many conservatives like to say to the state workers, "don't like it, get a different job"
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:40 am

Stebben84 wrote:As so many conservatives like to say to the state workers, "don't like it, get a different job"

Most of these "Masters of the Universe" and "Junior Masters of the Universe" are Democrats. Try again.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:44 am

Ned Flanders wrote:Most of these "Masters of the Universe" and "Junior Masters of the Universe" are Democrats. Try again.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mrak » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:54 am

Stebben84 wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:Most of these "Masters of the Universe" and "Junior Masters of the Universe" are Democrats. Try again.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

It isn't Ned's fault that you don't speak Troll.
mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:33 pm

From the article:

"People who don't have money don't understand the stress," said Alan Dlugash, a partner at accounting firm Marks Paneth & Shron LLP in New York who specializes in financial planning for the wealthy. "Could you imagine what it's like to say I got three kids in private school, I have to think about pulling them out? How do you do that?"

Wow. I have a wisecrack for everything, but here I'm speechless.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:28 pm

narcoleptish wrote:From the article:

"People who don't have money don't understand the stress," said Alan Dlugash, a partner at accounting firm Marks Paneth & Shron LLP in New York who specializes in financial planning for the wealthy. "Could you imagine what it's like to say I got three kids in private school, I have to think about pulling them out? How do you do that?"

Wow. I have a wisecrack for everything, but here I'm speechless.

Digby has had several posts about these millionaire whiners

Honestly, I think he's probably a nice person. But then so was Marie Antoinette by all accounts. He's obviously spent a little too much time among his wealthy cohort and has no idea how out of touch he sounds when he says things like this:

In this case, the poor little rich boy was pouring his heart out because the mean old president had hurt his feelings.
For example, Mr. Cooperman zeroed in on what he described as the president’s belittling remarks about taxing the wealthy: “If you are a wealthy C.E.O. or hedge fund manager in America right now, your taxes are lower than they have ever been. They are lower than they have been since the 1950s. And they can afford it,” the president said back in June. “You can still ride on your corporate jet. You’re just going to have to pay a little more.”
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Crockett » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:33 pm

What's fascinating to me is how close to the sun these people fly. Over my years I've found the ones that look the richest are often the ones closest to the sun.

Joneses have a powerful grasp on these people.

I just don't understand how the GOP can defend people like the people in the article and yet still get votes from people whom aren't millionaires. Oh wait, I do know...
Crockett
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:23 pm

Maybe this makes me a mean person, but I was laughing as hard at the people in that article as I've laughed in several weeks.

And no, I have no idea at all how come the GOP can defend these types and still get votes from people who aren't millionaires. Perhaps one of our trolls can explain it to me.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby David Marshall » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:51 pm

Good lord! I'm with you Snow. Had I not known any better I would have thought this came from the pages of the Onion. I guess things are tough all over and that everything is relevant. What a mess.
David Marshall
Forum Addict

Postby DCB » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:05 am

Ned Flanders wrote:
Stebben84 wrote:As so many conservatives like to say to the state workers, "don't like it, get a different job"

Most of these "Masters of the Universe" and "Junior Masters of the Universe" are Democrats. Try again.

Most liberals and progressives are all too aware that the Democratic party is in bed with Wall Street, and they recognize that as a central problem with our current political system.

That's why the Occupy movement refused to side with a political party, or even a political agenda.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:39 pm

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Headlines