MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 46.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Merchant: urban market

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!

Re: Merchant: urban market

Postby swoon_queen » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:24 am

Merchant has been closed for lunch all week- which disappoints me because I consider them a go-to as they cater to my gluten-free diet. I saw this on their facebook page:

We will be closed for lunch this week to prepare for our new lunch roll-out on Monday Oct. 3rd. Remember Radical Rye? Well.... Yeah.

I thought some of you might find this intriguing.

(personally, I kind of wish they'd figure out their food identity and stick to it. maybe this will stick.)
swoon_queen
Forum Addict

Re: Merchant: urban market

Postby ilikebeans » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 pm

LaughingGirl wrote:They did a great job with that place--really cool interior.

Went there for the first time recently, and I couldn't disagree more strongly. It looks cool, yeah. But damn, that's one of the loudest places I've been to in recent years.

I went on a Thursday, when Sims from Harmonious Wail had a few out-of-town guest (acoustic) guitarists play. It was utterly impossible to hear anything unless you came within about five feet. After a set was finished, one of the guitarists rushed outside to avoid the din; I know, I asked him.

Even without the music, anytime I tried to talk to someone that night we ended up yelling at each other just to be understood. My ears were literally ringing the next day.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Cooking & Food issues