Sunday, April 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 67.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Your last five beers

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades

Re: Your last five beers

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue May 24, 2011 1:48 pm

Last two:

Furthermore Oscura (bottle).

Huisbrouwerij Sint Canarus Potteloereke (Brasserie V, bottle). Perhaps the most difficult to both pronounce and locate in Brasserie V's collection.

Next three:

Shiner Ruby Redbird (bottle).

Ale Asylum Hopalicious (bottle).

Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour Red Ale (bottle).
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby babelfish » Wed May 25, 2011 12:25 pm

honey weiss

sunset wheat

summer shandy

lake louie arena premium

schlitz
babelfish

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon May 30, 2011 2:58 pm

Avery IPA. Bottle. Glad to see it back at Brennan's.

Sprecher Amber (from a can) and something from Horny Goat (bottle) at Miller Park Wed. Brewer's won.

Founders All Day IPA. On tap at the Big Ten Pub last Friday, with their blue gill dinner.

Smithwick's. Bottle.

Kiss the Lips IPA from Lake Louie. Bottle.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Wino » Mon May 30, 2011 5:16 pm

Pilsner Urquell

Schlitz Tall Boy

PBR Silo

Potosi Pilsner

Little Kings Cream Ale
Wino
Forum Addict

Postby Petro » Tue May 31, 2011 11:23 pm

Sasison Dupont (at Brasserie V)
Vanberg Hopruiter (same)
Le Chouffe (at the Malthouse)
New Glarus Two Women (at my dad's)
Miller High Life in a bottle (at a dive biker bar in Viola)
Petro
Forum Addict

Postby wallrock » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:28 pm

My last five:
Central Waters Glacial Trail IPA - on tap at Toffler's in New Glarus. It was a coin flip between this and Moon Man.

Lake Louie Mosquito Beach - bottle. A perfect end to a long Sunday of helping clear downed trees with my father.

Sand Creek Oscar's Double Chocolate Oatmeal Stout - bottle. This was delicious and pretty much a meal in its own right.

Guinness - on tap at Erin's Snug Pub.

Ale Asylum Bedlam Trappist IPA - on tap at Ale Asylum Taproom. I wish I got over here more often.
wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:30 pm

wallrock wrote:Lake Louie Mosquito Beach - bottle. A perfect end to a long Sunday of helping clear downed trees with my father.

Did you get a metallic taste at the end of your bottle? The coppery, iron-y flavor at the end of each of my bottles was too strong to enjoy.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wallrock » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:28 am

TheBookPolice wrote:
wallrock wrote:Lake Louie Mosquito Beach - bottle. A perfect end to a long Sunday of helping clear downed trees with my father.

Did you get a metallic taste at the end of your bottle? The coppery, iron-y flavor at the end of each of my bottles was too strong to enjoy.

No, I didn't experience any odd aftertaste. I poured mine into a glass which may have mixed up any sediment, and I also drank it fairly quickly as I was pretty hot and thirsty.

I've purchased four or five six-packs so far and I don't think I've run into this before, although the only time I recall having one from a bottle was at a poker game a month back. I didn't notice any then either, but I was on a winning streak and that can disguise a lot of things.
wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:37 pm

As best as I can remember:

Some type of Kronenbourg on tap. Somewhere in Barcelona.

Estrella Damm, half liter on tap. Tapas place on the waterfront, Palma, Mallorca.

San Miguel on tap. La Rambla, Barcelona, Spain.

Four cans of Heinekens. Flying over the Atlantic. (Hey, they were free.)

Sweetwater 420 Extra Pale Ale on tap. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta airport.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Woofer » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:20 am

5. O'so's Hopdinger
4. O'so's Hopdinger
3. O'so's Hopdinger
2. Capital's Supper Club (I was out of Hopdinger)
1. Heineken (It was that or nothing. I should probably have gone with nothing.)

(Note to self: pick up some Hopdinger.)
Woofer
Forum Addict

Postby indycoyote » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:48 pm

I drank 5 Three Floyds Irish Reds on Saturday night. Does that count? That's some good stuff, and the hangover wasn't too bad all facts considered!
indycoyote
Forum Addict

Postby wallrock » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:46 am

I've apparently gone on a hops kick over the past week.

Great Dane Texas Speedbump IPA - on tap at the Fitchburg location. It was nice enough to sit outdoors last night which was a welcome development.

Anchor Steam - bottle. I haven't had an Anchor Steam in a couple years but it's still as good as ever.

Mendocino White Hawk IPA - bottle. I took a flyer on a sixer and was not disappointed. It's on the maltier side for an IPA which is exactly how I like them.

New Glarus IIPA - my last bottle in the fridge, which I savored despite listening to Cubs blow yet another game in the ninth.

Sand Creek Frank's Wild Ryed Double IPA - I have a weakness for rye beers and this one might just be my favorite DIPA out there.
wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Petro » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:40 pm

Lake Louie's Mosquito Beach - a random purchase that wound up being tasty. I really like most everything from LL that I've tried.

Capital Fest - with some wings at Quaker Steak & Lube. Tasty, but much like Bell's, I swear that I can taste some unifying flavor in everything that they make. Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Rogue St. Rogue Red Ale at the Mason Lounge - quite honestly, this beer made zero impression upon me. It wasn't disagreeable, I enjoyed it - but I walked away from it with no real impression. It was light, crisp and refreshing but I'm accustomed to beers with a bit more punch at this point.

North Coast Brewing's "Old Rasputin" at the Mason Lounge - this was admittedly a kneejerk reaction to the red ale, and it was precisely what I wanted. Rich, chocolatey, malty and delicious. My only regret is that I was pressed for time and couldn't properly linger over that pint and savor it.

Ale Asylum Bedlam - I love pretty much anything with citra hops in it, I've decided. I really want to find some Zombie Dust for that reason. I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should just buy a cask and the relevant hardware to dispense it. I haven't heard of anyone carrying it in town.

And of course, Arctic Panzer Wolf. I actually walked into Star Liquors today and bought everything that they had cold. Apologies if anyone came in after me looking for it.

I'm gonna be really sad when that beer isn't in season any longer.
Petro
Forum Addict

Postby Pogoagogo » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:40 pm

Ale Asylum Trappist IPA - This appears to be my favorite of the summer. I can't seem to get enough of it and will buy it at bars whenever it is available.

O'so Night Train Porter. Not quite what I was expecting, but found it to be delicious and oddly refreshing while sitting outside on one of our recent stifling evenings. It was not as heavy as I expected.

New Belgium Ranger IPA. - Totally prefer the Ale Asylum Bedlam, but I enjoyed this beer as well. Just wished it has a little more oomph.

PBR. Was drunk, it was available, and even in my altered state I wished I was drinking something else.

New Glarus Two Women. Nothing exciting about it. In fact, I really don't remember much about it. Not saying it was bad, just seemed rather plain.
Pogoagogo
Forum Addict

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:51 am

Lagunitas IPA (very tasty) and Lake Louie's Kiss the Lips IPA (my current fallback beer), both from the frig.

Kirin Iciban at Red Sushi (I usually drink ethnic beers at ethnic restaurants). This time the regular sized bottle, although I often ask for the bomber at Japanese restaurants. Didn't ask it they carry the big bottle. Btw, really enjoyed the sushi.

The cask conditioned EPA and a Wooden Ship ESB at Great Dane.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Beer, wine & cocktails