MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Friday, April 18, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 49.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

OYSY Sushi and Seafood Buffet

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Re: OYSY Sushi and Seafood Buffet

Postby joey » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:36 pm

hopefully another krispy kreme or one of the dunkin donuts we're supposed to get...
or something not so bad for me to eat...
joey

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:27 am

For now, a vacant lot--my understanding is that the building has been demolished.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:12 am

Yeah, there's three empty walls left. It looks like they're leaving them up for shelter while the clean up the rest of the mess.

The link was to a craigslist ad, selling off the benches and kitchen equipment by the property owners consortium thing. There was no indication of what would go in there after the demo.

I don't know enough about property management to know whether it's good practice to tear down a building before you know what you want to put in there. It seemed to be a servicable building when we were there before it was Oysy, but maybe it was just too outdated and they want to sell a nice clean lot with build-to-suit capability.

I mean, if Macdonald's is ready to build a brand new store into the parking lot of that strip mall on East Wash across from Bubs burgers, there are probably several more chains who would be attracted to a lot with the building already gone.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby barney » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:29 am

there are probably several more chains who would be attracted to a lot with the building already gone.

Oh please let it be Chik Fil A. (Except I think I'm supposed to be boycotting them. DAMMIT!)
barney
Forum God/Goddess

Postby msnflyer » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:44 pm

I'm guessing Golden Corral but the lot is probably too small. Whatever they put there, it'll be a chain.

Walls are sometimes left up because the new building would be subject to the code in place at the time of the original construction.
msnflyer
Forum Addict

Postby Slick Willy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:34 am

I wish that I would have had the money to put in a really good traditional southern style barbecue joint in the old building after Tumbleweed closed. In addition to hickory smoked meats, I would have had the best side dishes in town: southern style greens with bits of ham, baked mac-n-cheese, corn bread, black eyed peas with bits of bacon, hot apple sauce with big chunks of apples & cinnamon. There would have been peach cobbler and a sweet potato/pecan pie for dessert. I would have called it Moe's BBQ. Oh well, there goes that dream.
Slick Willy
Forum Addict

Postby supaunknown » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:17 pm

Man, I miss Porky Pine Pete.
This is why we need to fast track human cloning. More PPPs.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews