MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Thursday, April 24, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 48.0° F  Light Rain Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Goldmember

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Goldmember

Postby O.J. » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:22 am

http://www.thedailypage.com/isthmus/art ... icle=31451

He sure sounds like a dangerous man to me, but I can relate to his need to arm himself while mowing the lawn; if I had a nickel for every time I was accosted by a rabid squirrel...

I'm disappointed he hasn't changed his redundant name to Magnum Colt. Now, that would just be badass.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Goldmember

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:05 pm

Smith Wesson. Walther Ruger. P.P.K. Deringer. Or of course just cut to the chase and go with Tommy Gun.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:16 pm

Tommy Gunn spoke with his fists, he didn't need no stinkin' pistola.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:05 pm

I wondered if he might be a "very close friend" of our own Dangerousman or one of the other gun nuts who visit here. Sounds like they share a highly paranoid world view, if not an identity.

I thought it was a good article, by the way -- tried to give fair insight into the guy's thinking without getting snide.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:58 pm

Poor guy has fear issues which have defined his life. It's gonna get interesting as his faculties degrade with age and he becomes even more paranoid. Keep practicing, Plato. There's danger EVERYWHERE!
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:31 pm

I would really like to know the story behind MPD machine gunning a car at the intersection of Regent and Park in front of a metro bus. When the hell did that happen? Back in the good old shoot-em-up 70's? Them was the days.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:35 pm

rabble wrote:I would really like to know the story behind MPD machine gunning a car at the intersection of Regent and Park in front of a metro bus. When the hell did that happen? Back in the good old shoot-em-up 70's? Them was the days.

No, it was just the other year! I sawr it! Christian Bale was there, an' Johnny Depp, an' that French chick what won her an Oscar!
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:20 pm

Did he say, "machine gunning"? He meant "butterfly landing".

Any old school Madtowners remember the Regent Street incident? Henry the V, I'm looking in your direction ...
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:58 pm

From my somewhat foggy memory...

A guy on trial for murder in Milwaukee killed a court bailiff (maybe two) and took a probation agent hostage and drove to Madison, where the MPD was waiting. Our cops shot out his tires with a machine gun and a standoff commenced. Eventually a MPD sharpshooter took him out. The probation agent (herself a former cop) then sued the city for the trama involved. Her case went nowhere.

My wife was working in a clinic close by and when she got off work (while the standoff was still going on), she got a cop to drive her car out of the parking lot. It was a Chevy Vega with a very loud rusty muffler, which made the exit that much difficult for the cop driving it. Later a bullet was found in a doctor's office. He went home early that day. The bullet landed near where he normally sat as his desk. This was all circa 1977.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:00 pm

If only the 2 bailiffs and the probation agent had been armed. None of that would have happened.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:01 pm

That settles it. I'm getting a Contender.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:48 pm

I'm sure a lot of these pro conceal/carry folks are good shots with their handguns when they're standing at the range, relaxed and unfettered by distraction. I don't really want the paranoid twitchy guy in line behind me to start shooting if the bank is suddenly being robbed.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Comments on Isthmus & TheDailyPage.com