MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Thursday, April 24, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 48.0° F  Light Rain Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

This shit has got to stop.

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

Re: This shit has got to stop.

Postby antiskub2.0 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:43 pm

I think this shit is a good thing personally and i am a person with a passion for playing music. now instead of acctually bothering to learn an instrument and eventually forming a band to make mind numbing pop/rock music. these kids will just sink there time into this. I guess the illusion is all they really need.

I've seen it happen! some kid i knew used to play bass and aspired to make music like Blink 182 and crap like that. As soon as these games came out, I slowly watched his interest in playing the actual instrument decline to the point where i don't think he touches the thing anymore. chalk one up for good taste.

music and rythem games are never going to replace acctually making music, people aren't going to stop going to see actual live bands because some kids can tickle plastic necks with 5 buttons, and at the very least it isn't going to effect my slice of musical culture, where the music has meaning and the image is an afterthought.
antiskub2.0

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:00 pm

fisticuffs wrote:Well look what we have here:
http://gizmodo.com/5565453/hands-on-wit ... ard-keytar

I can't be the only person bothered by this. All over this country there are mom and pop music stores closing their doors.

Mom and pop stores are closing that sell many different things. It's the infernets and big box stores that are shutting them down.

This quote struck me as kind of interesting in that article:

It's also MIDI compatible, so you can plug this in MIDI style to your Garage Band and actually make a real song. Or play out the song you just learned how to play in Rock Band 3.

I actually think this will encourage people(maybe kids) to learn how to play and maybe pick up a more traditional instrument. Maybe I'm wrong. Garage Band has made it easier to record your music and send it out to the masses. I will say it's prolly opened the door for more shit to be streaming out there as well.

My disclaimer is that I'm not a musician so you can take my comments for what you will. I do although embrace technology and feel it has it's place in all the arts.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby c02 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:50 pm

This may bring all of you purists off the ledge if at least for a few minutes of game play.....

OpenChord's real electric guitar to use for video games.
c02
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Technology & Video Games