MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wisconsin Film Festival 2009
Sunday, April 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 67.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Favre to meet with Vikings

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Re: Favre to meet with Vikings

Postby minnow » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:22 pm

I mentioned some fans, not most. Yes we were part of the Packers base -before Starr, before all the prissy players and bad actors like Vick that are now in the leagues. The Packers were great - Herb Adderly, Paul Horning, Jerry Kramer, Ray Nitschke, Max Davis, Jimmy Taylor, and others. Starr was no great QB, he was a leader; and he had a coach that planned and expected obedience. Not much passing back then. And yes, the Packers were great - even during the long no win years - we stood by them. So Favre gave us 16 years of excitment and let-downs but he gave us his all. The Vikings are willing to give him all the time he needs to decide. And there is no "spin doctor" press agent spinning stories to mess up the process.
minnow
Forum Addict

Postby Uncle_Leaver » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:17 pm

I remember walking 20 miles in sub-zero weather, deftly hopping across treacherous ice flows in snowshoes constructed of discarded bentwood rockers and the guts of cats we had to catch for dinner to listen to the game on a homemade radio constructed from a cow magnet wrapped in razor wire hooked to a hand-cranked generator which ordinarily served as the only source of power for the whole town ...
Uncle_Leaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby crevice beatle » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:57 am

minnow wrote: The Vikings are willing to give him all the time he needs to decide.

Ha! You do realize that all these billboard and facebook hits do not define quality fan? Really, it just illustrates how much worse the Vikings need Favre at this point than the Packers - If the Vikings had a young promising QB like Rodgers waiting in the wing, I doubt they would be clamoring out of such desperation. Do you honestly think that if the situation was reversed - Favre spent 16 years with the Vikes, and then manipulated his way over to the Packers, that the Vikings fans would be exhibiting what you deem "quality" fanmanship? Favre is allowed to play for he wants to play, or take as long as he wants to decided on retirement - his history has earned him that - likewise, we can choose to turn our back, boo, and make fun of his season ending INTs.
crevice beatle
Forum Addict

Postby tibor » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:13 pm

The packers DID give him all the time he needs. The answer was "I'm retired," remember? Not just once, but 3x.

I know there's been comments and issues in the press lately about why I'm leaving, whether or not the Packers did enough, whether or not Ted and Mike tried to convince me to stay. None of those things have anything to do with me retiring, and that's from the heart.

I've given everything I possibly can give to this organization, to the game of football, and I don't think I've got anything left to give, and that's it. I know I can play, but I don't think I want to. And that's really what it comes down to. Fishing for different answers and what ifs and will he come back and things like that, what matters is it's been a great career for me, and it's over. As hard as that is for me to say, it's over. There's only one way for me to play the game, and that's 100 percent. Mike and I had that conversation the other night, and I will wonder if I made the wrong decision. I'm sure on Sundays, I will say I could be doing that, I should be doing that. I'm not going to sit here like other players maybe have said in the past that I won't miss it, because I will. But I just don't think I can give anything else, aside from the three hours on Sundays, and in football you can't do that. It's a total commitment, and up to this point I have been totally committed.
tibor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minnow » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:57 pm

Uncle_Leaver wrote:I remember walking 20 miles in sub-zero weather, deftly hopping across treacherous ice flows in snowshoes constructed of discarded bentwood rockers and the guts of cats we had to catch for dinner to listen to the game on a homemade radio constructed from a cow magnet wrapped in razor wire hooked to a hand-cranked generator which ordinarily served as the only source of power for the whole town ...

Love it. Thanks. I had 2 bladed ice skates but was too young then to watch football. I spent time at the ice rink. And we had to wear dresses, for heavens sake. Had to wear snow pants on our 20 mile hike to high school.
minnow
Forum Addict

Postby buckyor » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:15 pm

All Vikings' fans are douchenozzles. Every damned one of them.
buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minnow » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:45 pm

Buckyor, get a clue sweetie. Cheeseheads get moldy over time.
minnow
Forum Addict

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:56 pm

minnow wrote: Cheeseheads get moldy over time.

Guess that means you don't like bleu cheeses. Is Velvetta more your style?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minnow » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:16 pm

Actually, I love squeaky cheese curds. And Swiss, and co-jack and cheddar. But make sure it get used up or if neccessary, remove the mold before consuming. :D
minnow
Forum Addict

Postby O.J. » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:15 am

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:22 am

Yeah I like this news but I don't for a second trust it. Save your applause for September.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:28 am

Definitely true. I'd love to see him change his mind yet again, especially since I have the #2 pick in my fantasy league and this news doesn't exactly help AP's value.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:34 am

He's probably afraid of the pummeling he was going to receive at the hands of the Pack this year and how much better A-Rodge was going to be than the old man.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:25 pm

Vikes have a bye in Week 4.

Just sayin'.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:03 pm

And now supposedly he's on a plane to MN as we speak. Old man is in for a hurtin' this year. Of course his rivals have been saying that since I was in grade school.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking