MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 50.0° F  Light Rain
Collapse Photo Bar

Klimate Kooks Kaught

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Klimate Kooks Kaught

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:08 pm

Strange that this huge story has gotten no play here. :roll: Warmers caught "red-handed" Someone needs to tell President Urkel. Wonder how long this will take the LSM to "investigate"?

"If you own any shares in alternative energy companies I should start dumping them NOW. The conspiracy behind the Anthropogenic Global Warming myth (aka AGW; aka ManBearPig) has been suddenly, brutally and quite deliciously exposed after a hacker broke into the computers at the University of East Anglia’s Climate Research Unit (aka Hadley CRU) and released 61 megabites of confidential files onto the internet. (Hat tip: Watts Up With That)

When you read some of those files – including 1079 emails and 72 documents – you realise just why the boffins at Hadley CRU might have preferred to keep them confidential. As Andrew Bolt puts it, this scandal could well be “the greatest in modern science”. These alleged emails – supposedly exchanged by some of the most prominent scientists pushing AGW theory – suggest:

Conspiracy, collusion in exaggerating warming data, possibly illegal destruction of embarrassing information, organised resistance to disclosure, manipulation of data, private admissions of flaws in their public claims and much more."

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/james ... l-warming/
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Klimate Kooks Kaught

Postby Stomach » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:17 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Strange that this huge story has gotten no play here. :roll: Warmers caught "red-handed" Someone needs to tell President Urkel. Wonder how long this will take the LSM to "investigate"?

An emoticon, President Urkel and lame stream media reference in the opening paragraph! Well done sir, well done!

(golf clap)

Let me buy you a shot of Creme De Menth, please.
Stomach
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:19 pm

Ned you got us. Climate change has always been a conspiracy. Our goal? To stick it to the Muslims who control all the oil and the equally respectable coal lobby in the US. I know, a dastardly plot against very peaceful people who just want to provide us with energy. Also anyone on this board ever heard of University of East Anglia?
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby LLUrbanUnderachiever » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:24 pm

fisticuffs wrote:Ned you got us. Climate change has always been a conspiracy. Our goal? To stick it to the Muslims who control all the oil and the equally respectable coal lobby in the US. I know, a dastardly plot against very peaceful people who just want to provide us with energy. Also anyone on this board ever heard of University of East Anglia?

As a proud graduate of the University of West Anglia, I say EAT SHIT UEA!
LLUrbanUnderachiever
Forum Addict

Postby berbo » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:47 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Conspiracy, collusion in exaggerating warming data, possibly illegal destruction of embarrassing information, organised resistance to disclosure, manipulation of data, private admissions of flaws in their public claims and much more."

Even the instruments are in on it!
http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/trends/

p.s. I liked seeing the term 'ManBearPig'. Nothing says 'credible discussion of science' like a South Park reference.
berbo
Forum Addict

Postby chance » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:00 pm

Stomach wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:Strange that this huge story has gotten no play here. :roll: Warmers caught "red-handed" Someone needs to tell President Urkel. Wonder how long this will take the LSM to "investigate"?

An emoticon, President Urkel and lame stream media reference in the opening paragraph! Well done sir, well done!(golf clap) Let me buy you a shot of Creme De Menth, please.

You left out: a post title with initial letters, "KKK". Ned really touched all the bases on this one.
chance
Forum Addict

Postby ilikebeans » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:48 pm

Ah yes, an amusing blog entry by "the author of numerous fantastically entertaining books including Welcome To Obamaland: I've Seen Your Future And It Doesn't Work, How To Be Right, and the Coward series of WWII adventure novels". Good stuff there, Ned. Back in the knee-jerk partisan cut/paste game again, I see. Just like riding a bicycle for you, isn't it?

How about Reuters instead?

ANALYSIS-Hacked climate e-mails awkward, not game changer

But others say the damage may be limited as the evidence is still overwhelming that a buildup of greenhouse gases is melting snow on mountain tops and shrinking global ice caps.

"The issue of scientists behaving badly does nothing to invalidate the science," said Kevin Book, an analyst at ClearView Energy Partners, LLC in Washington.
The e-mails may serve as good gossip in the halls at the meeting, but will not play a big role otherwise, experts said.

For one thing, the researchers involved were only a handful out of thousands across the world that have contributed to a vast convergence of data that shows the world has warmed.

"Whilst some of the e-mails show scientists to be all too human, nothing I have read makes me doubt the veracity of the peer review process or the general warming trend in the global temperature recorded," said Piers Forster, an environment professor at the University of Leeds.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:01 pm

The BBC spiked the "hacked" warmer emails a month ago:

The BBC has become tangled in the row over the alleged manipulation of scientific data on global warming.
One of its reporters has revealed he was sent some of the leaked emails from the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia more than a month ago – but did nothing about them.
Despite the explosive nature of some of the messages – which revealed apparent attempts by the CRU’s head, Professor Phil Jones, to destroy global temperature data rather than give it to scientists with opposing views – Paul Hudson failed to report the story.
This has led to suspicions that the scandal

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0YMrKE0Qg
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:04 pm

Despite the explosive nature of some of the messages – which revealed apparent attempts by the CRU’s head, Professor Phil Jones, to destroy global temperature data rather than give it to scientists with opposing views – Paul Hudson failed to report the story.

Fox. Ensign. Check Mate.

scientists with opposing views

This group consists of 10 "scientists" hired by the Bush Administration to clear the sky of birds.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:45 am

fisticuffs wrote:

Fox. Ensign. Check Mate.

Fox news practices should not be used to justify anything.

If the BBC was sitting on the story for any reason, other than they thought it wasn't important, then they screwed up.

I think the story is important. It demonstrates that the climate-change-denial crowd is unethical. It emphasizes that their whole strategy is to distort the debate, take facts out of context, and be dishonest.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:49 am

You know what I can't understand? What's the downside of moving to greener building practices and forms of energy? Seriously? What do we lose by not polluting as much? What do we lose by not using enough oil? Even if you do think climate change is overblown and not important why would you be against saving energy? Who does it hurt?
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:59 am

fisticuffs wrote:You know what I can't understand? What's the downside of moving to greener building practices and forms of energy? Seriously? What do we lose by not polluting as much? What do we lose by not using enough oil? Even if you do think climate change is overblown and not important why would you be against saving energy? Who does it hurt?

Dick Cheney and NASCAR.

This has been today's installment of obvious answers to obvious questions.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:52 pm

fisticuffs wrote:You know what I can't understand? What's the downside of moving to greener building practices and forms of energy? Seriously? What do we lose by not polluting as much? What do we lose by not using enough oil? Even if you do think climate change is overblown and not important why would you be against saving energy? Who does it hurt?

I don't think most of the knee-jerk right-wing ever thinks that far in advance. The oil and coal industry have money to spend and Ned's perfectly willing to carry that water, if there's a paycheck in it for him. Does Ned believe that the earth is getting warmer? Does he believe that it's man-made? I don't think he ever gets that far in his thought processes. Republicans say it's a hoax, therefore it must be a hoax.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:11 pm

Warmer ringleader steps down:

UK climate scientist to temporarily step down

LONDON (AP) - Britain's University of East Anglia says the director of its prestigious Climatic Research Unit is stepping down pending an investigation into allegations that he overstated the case for man-made climate change.
The university says Phil Jones will relinquish his position until the completion of an independent review into allegations that he worked to alter the way in which global temperature data was presented.

The allegations were made after more than a decade of correspondence between leading British and U.S. scientists were posted to the Web following the security breach last month.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:13 pm

Ned,
Why are you against saving energy?
Thanks,
Fisticuffs
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Next