MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Monday, April 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 59.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Best of TDPF

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Best of TDPF

Postby bluethedog » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:31 am

Kovalic wrote:I've a proposal for a new acronym for the "Eats" section of the Forum: OCINAGAYFOTC.

This stands for "Of Course, It's Not As Good As You'd Find On The Coasts."

O.J. wrote:Technically, an acronym should form a word in itself; here, you should use the term initialism. If you were a Coastie, you'd know this.

TheBookPolice wrote:Dear O.J.

I'm offended that you'd so marginalize my name.

Sincerely,

Oseena Gay Fotzie

Last edited by bluethedog on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Best of the TDPF

Postby bluethedog » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:37 am

Cortez wrote:Does anybody know how to poll anymore?

Uncle_Leaver wrote:Sample large, I always say.

But that's just how I poll.
bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Best of TDPF

Postby Bwis53 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:48 am

#2 Sheppy!

#1 MadMind, suggesting that women not go to gay bars, so as to deprive him of the pleasure of hitting on them! That takes the cake! It must have been awfully uncomfortable to go to the Shamrock and have guys hit on him!
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bluethedog » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:50 pm

harrissimo wrote:Your web forum experience will improve greatly if you keep the following in mind:

Assholes are just trying to get attention. If you ignore them they will go away. I know when I'm being an asshole I go away when I'm ignored.

You will never win an argument here. Don't even try.

You will never have the last word. Don't even try.

Nobody freakin' cares if your feelings get hurt. Don't be a cry baby.

Whatever band you like somebody will think they suck a big dick.

You will contradict yourself and then TheBookPolice or Henry Vilas will search and search until they discover your contradiction and expose you for the hypocrital idiot that you really are. Brace yourself. It's just a matter of time before this will happen.

Party On People!

bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:04 pm

Most of my favorite stuff has been by me, and even if I knew how to quote from outside of the thread I'm in, I would never be so vain as to actually re-visit some of the hilarious material that I, Narcoleptish, has added to this forum, in a thread meant to give props to other forons. Really, I would never do that. Pretty sure.

Dust Mite cracks me up too.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:15 pm

Alternative Voices was a personal favorite of mine.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:50 pm

"Foursome gone wrong" thread belongs in the HOF.

First ballot.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:51 pm

I agree with Ned.

Go ahead and save that one Ned. You can use it whenever you feel lonely and outnumbered here.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bluethedog » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:09 am

snoqueen wrote:A free public library may seem symbolic (and antiquated) to some, but it's more than a symbol. I like the democratic nature of a library. You see well-dressed people arrive in big SUVs, you see poorly-dressed people arrive off the bus or trudging along on foot. Everyone sits down together, everyone can use the same materials, everyone is treated the same by the librarians -- and that is not a minor point.

There's something totally fair and evenhanded about a good librarian that makes a big statement. Anybody's concern is worthy of attention, anybody's question is worth answering. Nobody can pay for a seat or service ahead of anybody else. Instead we're all paying, each according to our means, for this incredibly rich public -- that is, common -- resource.

A good library, good parks, a public basketball court or baseball diamond -- these are features of a high-quality city where each resident and guest gets a chance to enjoy what we have without owning anything in particular. People just have to show up and take turns, act right, follow a few rules. This is civic life,and there's a lot more to it than everybody just having their own Kindle.
bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bluethedog » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:23 pm

robbie webber wrote:Sorry I fell asleep there around 2:30 AM, and then again around 4:00 AM. But at that point, I think the only people reading the blog were in the room. Although Basford came back after a short nap.
bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bluethedog » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:29 am

bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bluethedog » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:37 am

Stu Levitan wrote:I am very disappointed to report that I was unsuccessful in getting the CDA to schedule a special meeting to reconsider our offers for the Burr Oaks properties and pay the assessed values. I really gave it my best shot, but didn't even get a second on the motion. I'm sorry, and really regret not fighting harder the first time through. I really hate living with the knowledge that after a decade on the CDA, I could fail to do the right thing on such a simple matter. I'm going to keep trying to fix this.

boston_jeff wrote:Mass elects moderate Republican governors, not senators. And yes, it does hurt. Just being honest on both counts.
bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bluethedog » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:19 pm

zippy wrote:My first post was perhaps a bit too aggressive. I will stop drinking and posting.
bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:44 pm

But most of the people on this forum have no sympathy for their victims such as Cortez.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:01 am

ilikebeans wrote:Let's compare a little casual bus-riding partial ass-crack to fully-bared bike-riding ass-crack, shall we?

Hm, what might the differences be?

Madsci wrote:One ass is round and firm, and the other is flat and saggy...
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Comments on Isthmus & TheDailyPage.com