MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Saturday, April 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 34.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Fishy Sonic review

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Re: Fishy Sonic review

Postby Bad Gradger » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:07 am

Is there some self-righteous Sonic blog that's keeping this afloat on the Most Popular Articles list? Cripes.
Bad Gradger
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:57 am

I think Linda and Bookie should start doing joint reviews.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby realgal » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:12 pm

FWIW, during Lent I wanted to order a fish sandwich at Sonic. I didn't see it on the menu but I asked if they had one and they did. My boyfriend who ate the fish sandwich while I enjoyed the sinful cheesburger and chili-tots said it was fine. So whether it's an old menu issue or a just-during-Lent thing I can't say but I have been witness to the elusive Sonic fish sandwhich.
realgal

Postby HeartandSoul » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:14 pm

Finally tried out Sonic. Reasonably priced. Got a cheeseburger and I liked it. Dare I say it had more flavor than the bland burgers at Five Guys.
The fries kinda sucked though, next time I'll have to get the tots instead. If there were a Sonic on the east side or Monona I'd stop in often.
HeartandSoul

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:25 pm

GIve it time; there will be more.

http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/artic ... icle=24924

Bailey and partner Paul Frautschi have a contract for up to eight Sonic locations in Wisconsin, including a maximum of three in the Madison area, the other two possibly slated for the east side and Verona.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:27 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:GIve it time; there will be more.

http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/artic ... icle=24924

Bailey and partner Paul Frautschi have a contract for up to eight Sonic locations in Wisconsin, including a maximum of three in the Madison area, the other two possibly slated for the east side and Verona.

Your article is from January. Considering the ongoing economic downturn, has Sonic reconsidered their expansion plans?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:46 pm

Most definitely not. There are two under construction and nearing completion in Appleton alone.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peacetrain » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:30 pm

From Linda Falkenstein on 07/28/09 at 4:28 pm
"Although I originally felt this was clear from what I wrote in the original post, I will try to clarify:...This was meant to be a post about the fact that Sonic does not serve fish sandwiches, and that I don't think that it's too much to ask that they do. Other fast food outlets do -- and have for years. I did not say I was looking for health food. And I don't think fish sandwiches are health food. And I did not go predisposed to hate the place. I still think it's ridiculous that they don't have a fish sandwich on the menu, and I think that topic is as worthy a topic of a web post as any. I don't think it's out of the question to bring up the point that major franchise operations might give some thought to offering more food options -- in this case, the multiple kinds of drinks they offer indicates that this business is capable of offering many options.

As for the headline to the post, I didn't write that."

I understood the very first time i read the story that it WASNT A RESTAURANT REVIEW. Why did so many of you struggle to grasp that?

Just dont get why so many people go straight to dickhead mode when their on TDPF.
Peacetrain
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:01 pm

Since this thread is still twitching, I thought it'd be worth mentioning that one of the two Appleton SONICs is open, and they have a fish sandwich right there on the regular menu. But there are probably more Catholics in the Fox Valley (by percentage) than in Madison.

Still, their menu board is a mystifying array of jumbled elements. I wouldn't fault anyone for seeking and not finding anything other than the beverage list.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:23 pm

TheBookPolice wrote: But there are probably more Catholics in the Fox Valley (by percentage) than in Madison

What the hell kind of Lutheranist, smart-aleck comment is that supposed to be?
Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bad Gradger » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:03 am

Peacetrain wrote:I understood the very first time i read the story that it WASNT A RESTAURANT REVIEW. Why did so many of you struggle to grasp that?

Because it was originally posted in the restaurant review section and labeled as such.
Bad Gradger
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peacetrain » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:30 am

Bad Gradger wrote:
Peacetrain wrote:I understood the very first time i read the story that it WASNT A RESTAURANT REVIEW. Why did so many of you struggle to grasp that?

Because it was originally posted in the restaurant review section and labeled as such.

my bad. must of been changed by the time i saw it.
Peacetrain
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews