MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 54.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Great Taste of the Midwest 2008

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades

Postby seanpeterson » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:34 am

Did anyone try the O'so brewing tent. I had their Duzy Piwo and i was impressed it was a perfect fit for the hot day that it was. I have never see it around before anybody know anything about them ie where can you purchase it?
seanpeterson

Postby wallrock » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:04 am

seanpeterson wrote:Did anyone try the O'so brewing tent. I had their Duzy Piwo and i was impressed it was a perfect fit for the hot day that it was. I have never see it around before anybody know anything about them ie where can you purchase it?

I had made a special note to stop by, having heard so many good things so far, but it kind of got lost in the haze. My friends did try the Duzy and the Picnic Ants, and both were impressed. I'm hoping to see some local distribution soon.
wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bill6beers » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:53 pm

O'so Picnic Ants (imperial saison) is on draft at The Malt House (08/22).
bill6beers

Postby kweetech » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:51 am

crevice beatle wrote:
saltman wrote:
crevice beatle wrote: I also think organizers should consider handing out programs while they are giving out wrist bands to people in line - the advantage to this is fairly obvious.

Too heavy. Did you see how many boxes of those things there were?

I suppose I didn't really notice how many boxes there were... but was it anything a couple of radio flyer wagons couldn't handle? I wasn't necessarily thinking distributing it to them to the entire line; perhaps maybe to the couple thousand that show up hours in advance.

we had several programs to read while waiting inline...so they are available. Plus you can get them off the mhtg site a week before the fest. I memorized it at work 8)
One thing I learned this year...after three years in a row of getting stranded..is to not count on bus/cab as transportation back from the fest. Our bus never came back to pick up the several dozen people waiting, and once the cabs ran through once...I did not see another, in spite of a long line. I managed to get on a great dane bus (even though we came from the AA), to at least get the hell out of the park by 7:45.
kweetech
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Beer, wine & cocktails