MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Monday, April 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 59.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Ethics a-go-go

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

Should we give the money back?

no - so-and-so just learned a good business lesson
39%
yes - it's the right thing to do
48%
give it to the venue and/or soundguy as a good faith gesture after stinking up their stage
13%

Total votes : 23

Postby Dipper » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:17 am

juanton wrote:It's also very Tag like to come down on Apollovox for airing his grievances in a web forum. I say this promoter should stop trying to muscle people out of talking about their frustration with said promoter. Instead, the promoter should work a bit harder to not piss off so many people in the first place.

Yeah, that bum actually called my employer to complain about my badmouthing him on the forum!
Dipper
Forum Addict

Postby jammybastard » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:59 am

Dipper wrote:
juanton wrote:It's also very Tag like to come down on Apollovox for airing his grievances in a web forum. I say this promoter should stop trying to muscle people out of talking about their frustration with said promoter. Instead, the promoter should work a bit harder to not piss off so many people in the first place.

Yeah, that bum actually called my employer to complain about my badmouthing him on the forum!

Getthefuckouttahere!

Tell me you are kidding!?!
jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dipper » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:13 am

jammybastard wrote:
Dipper wrote:

Getthefuckouttahere!

Tell me you are kidding!?!

It's true--one of his "true endeavors," no doubt. Of course he was doing this while complimenting me in this forum, in that ultra-polite deferential way of his. That's Tag in a nutshell: Patting you on the back with one hand while plunging a knife in your back with the other.
Dipper
Forum Addict

Postby droidsattack » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:53 pm

That sounds creepy. Did he threaten to pull advertising revenue if it didn't cease? If so, you were obviously unphased.
droidsattack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dipper » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:32 pm

droidsattack wrote:That sounds creepy. Did he threaten to pull advertising revenue if it didn't cease? If so, you were obviously unphased.

I guess I'd rather not comment on that whole aspect, because it's not my department. But I still contend that I should have the freedom to warn people about that guy, particularly since it is so easy to be deceived by him (like I was).
Dipper
Forum Addict

Postby droidsattack » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:43 pm

Well, if I were a dick that's what I would've done.
droidsattack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dipper » Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:36 pm

droidsattack wrote:Well, if I were a dick that's what I would've done.

Huh?
Dipper
Forum Addict

Postby Mr X » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:11 pm

if I was accidently paid $75 more than what I was supposed to be paid, I would have given the $$ back, no questions asked. but thats just me

I've noticed a real trend in this town of MUSICIANS underpaying bands that open for them or trying to re-negotiate deals after a band has been booked to open for them for a certain amount of $$. It is hardly just the promoters in this town who live within the mindset of Babylon
Mr X
Forum Addict

Postby droidsattack » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:01 pm

Dipper wrote:Huh?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I meant was, if I were Tag in this situation, and I were a dick, I would call up your boss and threaten him or her with lost revenues in order to encourage diciplinary action against you. That's only if I were a dick. If I were Tag, and I weren't such a bad guy, perhaps I would call your boss to try and keep you from airing personal grievances to possible associates over the Isthmus forum. That's all.
droidsattack
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Madison Music