MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Thursday, April 24, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 48.0° F  Light Rain Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

A message from "my bank"

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

A message from "my bank"

Postby Chuck_Schick » Fri May 04, 2007 12:34 pm

some penniless illiterate jackass wrote:Dear customer!

According to international security requirements of Visa and MasterCard payment systems, we have to inform you about the following notice:

First of May 2007, security department of our bank marked anunauthorized access to our processing server centre, and intruderstook control over all credit cards.

After close inspection, we learned that intruders would be able tochange your credit cards data for their needs and use them in illegaloperations. We have found a way to secure you against fraudulentactions.

You need to visit our site and input your authentic data, which willbe verified with existent information. If the data would not match –we will contact you for re-issue of your card. Using these security measures, we will prevent fraudsters from getting access to your card.

Yeah, nice try, morons.

This reads like something Toolerator would write.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby meowzamusic » Fri May 04, 2007 12:36 pm

fraudsters, eh? Nice.
meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Fri May 04, 2007 12:49 pm

i think it's quaint you think that people working at "real banks" wouldn't be that illiterate.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mrak » Fri May 04, 2007 12:53 pm

I especially like the sense of urgency implicit in the salutation, "Dear customer!"
mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Oprah » Fri May 04, 2007 2:04 pm

A Visa card have I.

Please a link to this site post.

Concern about these fraudsters I have very.

Thankyou!
Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madcity Expat » Fri May 04, 2007 2:19 pm

I got a letter yesterday (addressed to "resident") from "Saint Matthew's Churches" based at a PO Box in Tulsa OK. It had a paper 'prayer rug' in it with a pixelated picture of Jesus Christ (or a similarly bearded-robed figure) and lest I forget, a caption reminding me to pray for what I want (some suggestions, new truck, money, health, better job, a new house, etc. - along with a suggestion that I send an whatever amount of money I can afford (how nice of them to be flexible).

I'm still deciding how to handle it. I'd like to report it to some scam tracking org... I'd also like to stuff some snot soaked (or worse) kleenix in their postage-paid envelope and sent it back to them at their expense. But I don't want to get in trouble with the USPS...

any suggestions?
Madcity Expat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Oprah » Fri May 04, 2007 2:27 pm

Madcity Expat wrote:I got a letter yesterday (addressed to "resident") from "Saint Matthew's Churches" based at a PO Box in Tulsa OK. It had a paper 'prayer rug' in it with a pixelated picture of Jesus Christ (or a similarly bearded-robed figure) and lest I forget, a caption reminding me to pray for what I want (some suggestions, new truck, money, health, better job, a new house, etc. - along with a suggestion that I send an whatever amount of money I can afford (how nice of them to be flexible).

I'm still deciding how to handle it. I'd like to report it to some scam tracking org... I'd also like to stuff some snot soaked (or worse) kleenix in their postage-paid envelope and sent it back to them at their expense. But I don't want to get in trouble with the USPS...

any suggestions?

Please pray that the fraudsters stay away from my Visa card.

Better yet, pray for them to send you two more prayer rugs. With the first one, pray that the fraudsters stay away from my Visa card. Do a little somethin' for yourself with the second one.
Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Violet_Skye » Sat May 05, 2007 12:25 am

But wouldn't the fraudsters be a cool band name, though?
Violet_Skye
Forum God/Goddess

Postby towanda » Sat May 05, 2007 1:23 am

Madcity Expat, that's a kind of mail fraud. Take the letter and "prayer rug" to the post office and file a complaint.
towanda
Forum Addict

Postby Integral » Sat May 05, 2007 2:04 am

Dude, you can smoke those prayer rugs.
Integral

Postby BobArctor » Sat May 05, 2007 3:46 pm

The best church mailing I've ever seen had a little condiment packet of holy water in it.
BobArctor
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Catch All