MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Saturday, April 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 35.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

DIGIBOT "Journalists Are People Too" TOUR 3/23

Got a gig coming up? A CD coming out? A new bass player who looks like Jesus and smells like a field of posies? If you're selling or promoting something, post it here.

In closed quarters, which would you rather fight?

Grizzly bear
23%
Panther
15%
Anaconda
62%

Total votes : 13

Postby auntgoodness » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:52 am

I'll be supa:

Digibot - Energetic 'bot, takin' chances with at least three improv songs. One was a sweeet trainwreck and the band looked like they were having a blast.

Cyn Cyn - Hadn't seen 'em since the open mic days and boy howdy they are sick good. Speaking of energetic. Shit. I like the two people screaming back and forth stuff.

Peelander - Good outfits and presentation but unfortunately I was gabbing on the terrace for most of their set. Someone else wanna review 'em?
auntgoodness
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:22 pm

Thanks to everyone who came out last night. What a crazy show, eh? Each act amped up the energy level until it finally reached a bizarre climax with P-Z's human bowling. Whoa. They were definitely a strangely entertaining group. I could've done with less schtick and more rock but there's no denying their showmanship.

SCC&tP impressed the shit out of me. I'd downloaded a few of their songs awhile ago and liked 'em a lot. This was the first time I'd seen SCC&tP live and was very impressived. Good songs, neat arrangements, and excellent showmanship. One of the best bands in town.

OTHER SHIT
* Got to meet foron Stepbrother. The right band would be lucky to have his loyalty and committment.

* Smoked my first cig since quitting a couple weeks ago. It was delicious. Don't worry, I ain't startin' up again.

* Didn't get shiv'd by Tom Laskin or any other Isthmus staffer. My head was on a swivel.

* I think we were the 'straightest' group last night. Debatable I 'spose.

* Big Mike was on fire.

* Gavin ran great sound.

* Got a sweet parking spot in the actual lot.

* Pretty sizable crowd for a weekday (does Thursday night still count as such?). Not sure how much moo we earned. Hopefully one of my 'Bot bros grabbed the coin.

AND FINALLY
I'd like to offer my heartfelt apology to Tom Laskin for all the angry bullshit I spewed yesterday. I wrongly misplaced a lot of the blame for Isthmus' minor incompetence onto you. I'm really very sorry.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:03 pm

I was still a walking zombie from the previous night's P-Funk Party (and staring at Big Mike's horizontal and vertical striped ensemble was making me kinda dizzy), so I only managed to stay long enough for the 'Bot. Nice to see you guys having so much smiley fun. You heard me: smiley. Supa - your grin coulda been spotted from space!
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:38 pm

I was wondering what happened to you.

Yeah, but smiling was just the half of it. Early on I ran out of onstage Sierra and was so cottonmouthed that I couldn't close my lips over my dry horse teeth. Word.
Last edited by supaunknown on Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:53 pm

supaunknown wrote: ... onstage Sierra ...

Ahhhhh ... that's one of the most beautiful phrases in the English language.
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

As a matter of fact, I never write the dailypage highlights

Postby teddymanny » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:34 pm

I don't even know who does.

Tom L.
teddymanny

Postby Toonces » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:54 pm

"what is understood need not be discussed"
Toonces
Forum Addict

Postby supaunknown » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:02 pm

*checks calender*
*looks over shoulder*
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:35 pm

Technically, if you want your show to be considered for inclusion in the Guide, Critics' Choice, Daily Highlights and anything else, you should send releases to dpr@isthmus.com.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

All the bands on bills are mentioned, but....

Postby teddymanny » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:42 pm

The blurbs/choices that I submit to the editors nearly always mention all of the bands on the bill, but they can be--and often are--edited to fit the space available. I'm a writer, not an editor, so the latter is not a process in which I'm involved.
teddymanny

Previous

Return to Hype Exchange