MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Saturday, April 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 59.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Rifftrax & MST3K Fans!: House on Haunted Hill October 28!

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.

Rifftrax & MST3K Fans!: House on Haunted Hill October 28!

Postby kittenwithawhip » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:49 am

Want to kick off your Halloween festivities with a bang? The newest Rifftrax live show will be beamed to Theatres Nationwide on October 28th! Tickets go on sale October 1 for what promises to be a rippingly funny send up of the Vincent Price classic, House on Haunted Hill. The movie is your standard "Let's pay some hapless fools big money to spend one night in a haunted mansion" style romp, with Vincent Price and his murderous wife as the affable hosts. No skimping on the guest amenities, this place has a swimming pool sized vat of acid in the basement! Bring your water wings!

I am daring Madisonians to make this into a full Halloween event and dress up as a character from this flick or any other haunted house classic (Bruce Campbell, anyone?). Show em what we Madisonians are made of! And if you want a bit of local tie-in, Mr Kevin Murphy will be sporting some spiffy new items from the just-opened Eastside Mallat's on Willy St!

In Madison it will be at Point Cinemas. Here is the press release and link:
http://www.fathomevents.com/comedy/even ... _hohh.aspx

NCM Fathom and the stars of Mystery Science Theater 3000 invite you to a haunted house party like none you’ve ever experienced. RiffTrax own Michael J. Nelson, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett will be back for an evening of hilarious riffing on the horror classic House on Haunted Hill! On Thursday, October 28, the guys treat this Vincent Price classic to their signature brand of rapid-fire comedy. Comedian Paul F. Tompkins will join the guys as a guest riffer on a classic, never-before-seen short!

Movie theater audiences will receive FREE digital goodies after the event. A URL will be revealed on-screen during the event so you can logon and receive your free digital goodies!

The event will be broadcast live to movie theaters nationwide on October 28 at 8:00pmET / 7:00pmCT / 6:00pmMT and 8:00pmPT (tape delay).

Hope we will see you there!!!!!
kittenwithawhip
Forum Addict

Re: Rifftrax & MST3K Fans!: House on Haunted Hill October 28!

Postby Athena » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:43 pm

I'm probably going to skip this one. The past ones that I've been to have been fun, but I actually like this movie. I don't think I'd enjoy the riffing as much on a movie that has merit on its own, and I definitely do not enjoy the colorization on these films. I wish they could have said something about the rather odd colorization on Reefer Madness, but I guess they get paid by the same company the does the colorization so they aren't allowed to say anything bad about it.

I will be going to Suspira at the cinematheque on Oct. 30. Unless I wimp out and have decided that I don't actually like horror movies by then :D
Athena
Forum Addict

Re: Rifftrax & MST3K Fans!: House on Haunted Hill October 28

Postby kittenwithawhip » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:48 pm

Paste Magazine wants to give you 5 reasons why you should really consider going!

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/list ... um=twitter
Read the rest at the link. If you haven't yet seen a live Rifftrax show, the experience is even better in a Madison crowd!
If you are serious about starting the Halloween season with a howl, see you there!

What are you doing tomorrow night? Cancel your plans, because… Wait, what do you mean you can’t cancel a funeral? I’ve heard just about enough of your excuses, and anyway, this will be much more fun. Tomorrow night, the gentlemen of RiffTrax will live-mock House on Haunted Hill in a theater near you. Well, they won’t actually be in your theater—unless you’re theater is in Nashville. But they will be live! And alive. Like a livewire of…comedy? Focus, people! There are many reasons why you should go see this performance, the main one of which is laughter. But here are a few more in case you’re one of those ridiculous people who won’t just up and do something because they’ve been told:

kittenwithawhip
Forum Addict

Return to Movies