MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 29.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

LCD TV's?

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

Re: LCD TV's?

Postby jammybastard » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:18 am

Here's the one advantage if you buy a Samsung...

it has 2 USB 2.0 ports on it and plays back a wealth of video and audio file formats. That means that if you rip & compress your dvd or Blu-Ray discs you can put them on a USB stick and play them right off the tv as opposed to streaming them via a home network, which is what I used to do.
For example my 2 yr. old 40" Sammy LCD plays xvid .avi with 2.0 PCM audio as well as .mkv (h.264) files with 5.1 surround sound flawlessly.
These are 3-6GB video files and it plays them without a hiccup.
jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Re: LCD TV's?

Postby robter » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:31 pm

I am in the market recently for a new tv and I had some interesting options to boot.

The latest I guess was the one with 3d, internet and some kind of led. I just went with the regular led tv as I got really struck as to how clear the images were. The sales guy was boasting how it would not strain your eye that much as compared to regular cry and lcd tv, after watching for an extended number of hours.

I have some thing about those 3d sets though as I think the real work is made on those glasses which also costs as much as one tv already.
robter

Previous

Return to Technology & Video Games