MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 49.0° F  Mostly Cloudy and Windy
Collapse Photo Bar

Safari 4 Beta

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

Safari 4 Beta

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:19 am

Set this up last night on my Mac. The eye candy is always nice and it's very Apple. They took the cover flow from the Finder and iTunes and made it work with your History and book marks. The Top Site feature will be my new home page. The tabs on the top I'm not sure how I feel about. Although there are already pretty simple command line functions out there that will put it back where it was. I use Firefox at work and really like it of course my only other choice without prior consent from IT is Internet Exploder which I will never use. On my Mac at home Firefox just doesn't do it for me.

Anyways the best part. It's fast. Lightning fast. never seen such a big performance upgrade in a browser update. Give it a try. I'd be interested to try it out on a PC as well.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Safari 4 Beta

Postby wallrock » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:45 pm

Good to know. I was considering setting it up on my laptop last night but didn't get around to it.

I didn't think too much of the cover flow feature on iTunes at first but it really grew on me.
wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Technology & Video Games