MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Friday, April 18, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 44.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Verizon FiOS

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

Verizon FiOS

Postby Burn » Fri May 09, 2008 7:21 pm

I apologize if this topic has already been covered. Anyone know if FiOS is available in Madison yet? I'm in the Monroe St area. I've typed in my specific address on the Verizon website, but it keeps insisting on confirming my address as something totally different in Sun Prairie. I'd like to get the internet and tv package. Any current user reviews would be great.
Burn

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Fri May 09, 2008 9:22 pm

In the business of land-line phone service and presumably the nascent to-home-fiber service, Verizon only controls a few of the outlying areas like McFarmland and Stoughton. It is only a cellular carrier in Madison.

The question you really want to be asking is, "When do I get my freaking ATT U-Verse service?"

Att won't say when they are going to offer it here.
Last edited by Dust Mite Rodeo on Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby joey » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:45 pm

it wont work for my address either. Too late to call. Wimax was supposedly available in my area--someone 6 houses down has it, but the install guy says he coudlnt get a signal here. I'm mad. I'm stuck on 768k for the same price i would've had 6 meg.
joey

Postby TAsunder » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:57 am

If FiOS becomes available outside of Madison where Verizon has dominion, I might have to move there. U-Verse is not even in the same league.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Technology & Video Games