MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 46.0° F  Partly Cloudy and Breezy
Collapse Photo Bar

New HOTMAIL interface, like it or not?

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

New HOTMAIL Interface, like it?

Like it
No votes
Hate it
50%
Undecided. / Doesn't matter
25%
I use something else, I don't give a shit.
25%

Total votes : 12

New HOTMAIL interface, like it or not?

Postby Paco » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:41 am

Hotmail unloaded a new interface in the last few days. Like it? Hate it? If oyu don't use it, what do you use and why? I wouldn't mind switching.

kinda nice it tells you on the first page who you get a message from, IF it's a contact.

Dislikes:
Why don't they tell you on the first page how many messages you have? I have to click and go to another screen to see who and how many messages I got. Not a big deal if you use it at work(if you're allowed to, that is), but at home I have dial-up and you learn to minimize the number of clicks you do.

Seems like there's more and bigger advertising now. The window for messages is smaller than the space for messages.

If you want to go to junk area, or any folder for that matter, you have to click on MAIL, then get your list. Why not put the list on the first page?

When you read a message all the way to the bottom, it would be nice to have a DELETE button there, instead you have to scroll up to the top to delete it.

Didn't they have a test group for this?? SOmeone besides a MSFT employee?
Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Also Un

Postby papalion » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:05 am

It's different.
I'm sure there was a good reason to change. Sometimes 'change' takes some getting used to.
I agree if it would tell me if I have a new message on the 1st page, I would not have to make another click.
Peace
Papa Lion
papalion
Forum Addict

Postby superman » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:21 pm

I used hotmail for years, and I finally just switched this past year. Hotmail is WAY out of control with spam. Hotmail was cool before Microsoft got their filthy hands on it.
superman
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Technology & Video Games