MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Saturday, April 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 34.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Benghazi

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Benghazi

Postby snoqueen » Tue May 21, 2013 11:18 am

Let's keep this one in mind next time somebody whines about "spin." It's "wordsmithing," first of all.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Tue May 21, 2013 12:57 pm

some senior GOP aides are worried that the partisan overtones are diverting Congress from identifying and addressing the real lessons learned from the attack.

In particular, these aides say key staffers have been overly consumed with chasing down or addressing inaccurate or unfounded accusations emerging from the inquiry.

“We have got to get past that and figure out what are we going to do going forward,” a GOP aide stressed. “Some of the accusations, I mean you wouldn’t believe some of this stuff. It’s just — I mean, you’ve got to be on Mars to come up with some of this stuff.”

http://www.rollcall.com/news/house_defe ... table=true
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:22 pm

Near as I can tell, the only result of what is collectively known as "Benghazi" is that Susan Rice will be the new National Security Adviser. So, either Inhofe was correct, this is the most egregious cover-up in American history, and the Republicans are absolutely lousy at digging up the facts, or it is what most level-headed folks thought it was, an unfortunate (probably somewhat covert) event spun out of proportion by rabid idealogues.

By the way K.T. McFarland, I feel just dandy with your assurance that Susan Rice's performance as NSA will be nothing like Kissinger's.
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:09 pm

So what is Obama thinking with the Rice appointment? He’s doubling down and circling the wagons. He's rewarding Rice for being a loyal (if incompetent) soldier. He is hanging tough on the scandals and claiming that he knew nothing about them until he read about them in the papers.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:12 pm

That's the second time today you posted a quote without attribution.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:19 pm

That's because you can find one other version of it -- not even the original, but two steps away from a possible original -- here:

http://lonelyconservative.com/2013/06/i ... rvative%29

I like how this stuff ping-pongs around the right wing blogosphere, where very few seem to write their own material.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:25 pm

Did you not read the article acereraser linked to? It's directly from that article. Have you two been hitting the bong again? Little early in the day, don't you think?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:31 pm

Lots of links in this thread. How was I suppose to know which one your quote came from without an attribution?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to National Politics & Government