MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Thursday, July 10, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 69.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Obie gets played again?

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Obie gets played again?

Postby johnfajardohenry » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:27 pm

It looks like Obie got played.

Again.

By Hollywood.

This was so blatant that even crazy wingnut Matt Lauer noticed it on the Today show

http://todayentertainment.today.com/_ne ... idiot?lite

(The relevant part starts about 35 seconds in)

Timeline seems to be as follows:

1) Dennis Rodman and several Harlem Globtrotters (team owned by estate of Roy Disney) visit North Korea funded by Vice Magazine.

2) The movie "Olympus Has Fallen" starts playing in a theater near you.The plot of the movie revolves around NoKo terrorists.

3) The NoKos amp up the crazy, threatening nuclear war.Why now? Did Rodman carry a bag of cash to get them to do it?

4) Obie.... Well, what exactly does Obie do? He seems to react a bit but doesn't let it interfere with his golf or vacation plans. Not exactly what one would expect of a president on the eve of a threatened nuclear attack.

5) Meanwhile Olympus does very well at the box office.

So is this whole megillah really just a very clever, clever promotion?

Is Obie in on it?

Or did he get played again? (My suspicion)

If the NK bellicosity goes away in a week or two without explanation, we will know.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Obie gets played again?

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:35 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote:crazy wingnut Matt Lauer

Projecting.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:32 pm

Who the hell is Obie? The kid on the Andy Griffith Show was Opie! And what does Aunt Bea have to say about this?
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:23 pm

gargantua wrote:Who the hell is Obie? The kid on the Andy Griffith Show was Opie! And what does Aunt Bea have to say about this?

And what's the Hitler connection? I can't handle a ridiculous conspiracy theory like this without drinking.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Drinkslinger » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:40 pm

Rarely do I comment on political stuff on here, but having just read this thread I actually feel dumber, as if just the act of paying 30 seconds to read this has made me a little worse. I'm waiting for this to tie into the UN overtaking the USA to seize our guns by controlling Hollywood which makes a movie that proves Obama loves Hitler.
Drinkslinger

Postby Drinkslinger » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Okay, I really do have to point out that NoKo ( is that how the kids say it?) doesn't have nukes that can reach us, so we're really not on the eve of Global Nuclear War. The movie also is NOT doing very well at the box office, placing 5th on the top films this week. Check the total income of this film vs budget on IMDB.
Drinkslinger

Postby pjbogart » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:12 pm

What? No predictions as to when "Obie" will resign? Don't get me wrong, John, your delusional musings are worth the price of admission, but if you offer up some predictions I might even spring for some popcorn.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Leroy Gates » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:36 am

Drinkslinger wrote:Rarely do I comment on political stuff on here, but having just read this thread I actually feel dumber...

Maybe that explains this thoughtful gem:

Drinkslinger wrote:Okay, I really do have to point out that NoKo ( is that how the kids say it?) doesn't have nukes that can reach us, so we're really not on the eve of Global Nuclear War.

So if they only hit Tokyo...?
Leroy Gates
Forum Addict

Postby rabble » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:56 am

Leroy Gates wrote:
Drinkslinger wrote:Rarely do I comment on political stuff on here, but having just read this thread I actually feel dumber...

Drinkslinger wrote:Okay, I really do have to point out that NoKo ( is that how the kids say it?) doesn't have nukes that can reach us, so we're really not on the eve of Global Nuclear War.

Oh, I see. The US as the World Police. We need more guns so we can be ready to attack North Korea when they attack Japan. Because Japan, (and China) wouldn't be able to do anything because they don't have enough guns.

And something about nazis. And they have lots of guns in Israel.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:00 am

How are we supposed to pay for all this nonsense? Are we taxing the South Koreans and the Japanese now that we can't tax anybody over here who has enough money to make it worthwhile?
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:00 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:It looks like Obie got played.

Again.

By Hollywood.

This was so blatant that even crazy wingnut Matt Lauer noticed it on the Today show

http://todayentertainment.today.com/_ne ... idiot?lite

(The relevant part starts about 35 seconds in)

Timeline seems to be as follows:

1) Dennis Rodman and several Harlem Globtrotters (team owned by estate of Roy Disney) visit North Korea funded by Vice Magazine.

2) The movie "Olympus Has Fallen" starts playing in a theater near you.The plot of the movie revolves around NoKo terrorists.

3) The NoKos amp up the crazy, threatening nuclear war.Why now? Did Rodman carry a bag of cash to get them to do it?

4) Obie.... Well, what exactly does Obie do? He seems to react a bit but doesn't let it interfere with his golf or vacation plans. Not exactly what one would expect of a president on the eve of a threatened nuclear attack.

5) Meanwhile Olympus does very well at the box office.

So is this whole megillah really just a very clever, clever promotion?

Is Obie in on it?

Or did he get played again? (My suspicion)

If the NK bellicosity goes away in a week or two without explanation, we will know.

John Henry

Holy fuck you're retarded.

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:17 pm

Leroy Gates wrote:

So North Korea, the democratic republic of communists, has enough nuclear weapons to "make" Global Nuclear War? You are better off sticking to your gun carrying WWII theories than your idea of NK's nuclear abilities.
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:00 pm

DCB wrote:And what's the Hitler connection? I can't handle a ridiculous conspiracy theory like this without drinking.

You'll have to ask NBC News that question. It's their story, not mine.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:04 pm

Endo Rockstar wrote:Holy fuck you're retarded.

-Dan Motor

See above. It's NBC's story not mine. I am mainly waiting to see if it plays out.

If things wind down with nothing happening, we will know that it could be true. Not that it is true, just that it could be.

If things go kablooie, well, NBC was wrong.
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:13 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote:
Endo Rockstar wrote:Holy fuck you're retarded.

-Dan Motor

See above. It's NBC's story not mine. I am mainly waiting to see if it plays out.

If things wind down with nothing happening, we will know that it could be true. Not that it is true, just that it could be.

If things go kablooie, well, NBC was wrong.

What kind of glues do they use in that box factory of yours? Just curious.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to National Politics & Government