MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 46.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Weiner Roast

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Weiner Roast

Postby minicat » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:56 pm

Here's a question for Ned and Blaska:

Would either of you actually be proud to vote for someone like Perry or Bachmann? Considering most all Obama's managed to do is constantly concede to the Republicans (the main reason he is now in trouble), do you think either of those two would be any sort of improvement?
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:59 pm

David Blaska wrote:
Bland wrote:I have a new question for the Unawnswered Questions thread: Hey Blaska, why are you such a dick?

I blame an abusive relationship with a liberal (possibly named Jeremy) who kept calling me a dick.

Clearly, you're not just a dick, you're also a very sick man. How else to explain you seeing Jeremys everywhere?

Well, dick, for the record I am not the Jeremy you're looking for.
I'm not any Jeremy.
I am simply a guy that thinks you're a real dick.
And to reiterate, I think you're a dick because of your dickish behavior, not your politics. If tomorrow God himself descended upon the Earth and showed all of mankind how to set aside their political differences and live together in peace and harmony for all eternity, you'd still be a dick.
Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby David Blaska » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:03 pm

minicat wrote:Here's a question for Ned and Blaska:

Would either of you actually be proud to vote for someone like Perry or Bachmann? Considering most all Obama's managed to do is constantly concede to the Republicans (the main reason he is now in trouble), do you think either of those two would be any sort of improvement?

It's too nice a day so why am I still in front of the computer? I'm an agnostic on all of the declared candidates so far but could live with Mitt and think Herman Cain ought to be on the short list for VEEP. My heart is with Chris Christie of New Jersey. Have long admired Jeb Bush as well but there is the dynasty thing. Straight-enough answer?

Now, back at you. Let's say there is a dump Obama movement. Who do you like?
David Blaska
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:05 pm

minicat wrote:Here's a question for Ned and Blaska:

I haven't chosen my candidate yet (there ya go Hank--now go away), but clearly anyone with management experience and a more conserative bent would be a monumental improvement over the yes we can bunch.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:07 pm

I'd take Bernie Sanders over all the rest of the bunch. But there is not a snowball's chance.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:24 pm

As someone who never drank the Obama kool-aid, I'd love to see a challenge from the left, even though it would have no chance of doing anything except further damaging Obama's already slim chances of not blowing the next election. Judging by their performance the last few years, do I think anyone in the Democratic party has the cojones? No.

Nader's too old, and not a Democrat.
Kucinich has already proven he can't get any media traction. Feingold's not insane, so he'd never try it.

I don't know, is Jeremy Ryan doing anything? At least that might get him out of Madison for awhile.

Or, for a true right-wing wet dream, what about a Spitzer-Weiner dream ticket?

the unfortunate fact of the matter is, along with the Republicans, the Dems also have no worthwhile alternatives.
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:45 pm

minicat wrote:As someone who never drank the Obama kool-aid, I'd love to see a challenge from the left, even though it would have no chance of doing anything except further damaging Obama's already slim chances of not blowing the next election. Judging by their performance the last few years, do I think anyone in the Democratic party has the cojones? No.

Nader's too old, and not a Democrat.
Kucinich has already proven he can't get any media traction. Feingold's not insane, so he'd never try it.

I don't know, is Jeremy Ryan doing anything? At least that might get him out of Madison for awhile.

Or, for a true right-wing wet dream, what about a Spitzer-Weiner dream ticket?

the unfortunate fact of the matter is, along with the Republicans, the Dems also have no worthwhile alternatives.

Hillary?
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Hillary?

She'd be stronger than Obama. Kinda like Truman. But she alreay said no. Unless there is a strong draft Hillary movement among Democratic representatives at the nominating convention, I won't counter her in.

Yet I also won't counter her out.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:25 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:Hillary?

She'd be stronger than Obama. Kinda like Truman. But she alreay said no. Unless there is a strong draft Hillary movement among Democratic representatives at the nominating convention, I won't counter her in.

Yet I also won't counter her out.

Couldn't hurt. Even though the Neds are feeling shivers up their spines at the chance to dust off the Anti-Clinton propaganda generators, I'd still like to see it.

I mean, it looks to me like about 51 percent of the country has gone completely batshit drooling stuttering saw-off-the-limb-they're-sitting-on crazy so what the hell?
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:08 pm

Ned only cares because there is a weiner involved (pun intended).
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to National Politics & Government