MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 50.0° F  Overcast and Breezy
Collapse Photo Bar

Franken stealing the election?

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Franken stealing the election?

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:34 am

Was he able to highlight all of the states where he was dodging his tax bill?
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:35 am

jjoyce wrote:It's not just possible to predict the future, it's fun. Look here: I predict the Cubs will NOT win the World Series this year and that Al Franken will not be an effective senator.

Now, whether those end up being accurate predictions or not remains in question.

Bump.

It's been four years, so Al Franken will be up for re-election next time around. Jason, you seemed pretty certain that he'd be a joke. Still feel that way? Or has Franken won you over?
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:47 am

I think the post you quoted there says he'd be an ineffective senator, not a joke. There's a difference. Ron Johnson, for example, is both an ineffective senator AND a joke. He believes people are stupid and that's why Obama won the election (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/0 ... 95322.html). When a Wisconsin political scientist voiced a similar opinion after the 2010 Wisconsin gubernatorial election, there was an outcry among Republicans.

Back to Franken: I don't live in Minnesota, but between that state's two U.S. Senators, I prefer Klobuchar.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Well, Klobuchar's approval ratings were among the highest in the senate, last time I checked. So that's setting a pretty high standard.

Still, you've got to admit the overall tone of your comments back in 2008-2009 was pretty negative (horrendous hack ... one-term senator ... slightly less of an ass than Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh ... reports of election fraud seem to be implicating Stuart Smalley ...)

Still feel that way? Or starting to think he's not all that bad after all? Just curious.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to National Politics & Government