MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 54.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Copyright infringement not allowed

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Copyright infringement not allowed

Postby TheBookPolice » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:24 pm

admin wrote:Posts may contain excerpts from news articles or other pieces in keeping with fair use, but any posts containing longer verbatim passages from other publications will be deleted without warning.

Also, any posts that are blatant attempts to "troll" will be deleted without warning. Repeated attempts to "troll" will result in account deactivation.

Bump for a forgotten standard?
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:25 am

TheBookPolice wrote:

Everything here looks fine to me officer.

And if you're looking for a bump, call your dealer.

Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:09 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:
admin wrote:Posts may contain excerpts from news articles or other pieces in keeping with fair use, but any posts containing longer verbatim passages from other publications will be deleted without warning.

Also, any posts that are blatant attempts to "troll" will be deleted without warning. Repeated attempts to "troll" will result in account deactivation.

:!:
Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ArchieBunker » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:28 pm

Oftentimes...trolling is simply the term used when a few people or even the forum monitors don't like the content or message of a post. There are posts which are obviously nothing but provocative or insulting comments meant to pull responses... and then there are legitimate, yet unpopular posts which are not troll bait. Even my post here will be considered troll bait by some. So much for free speech.
ArchieBunker

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:34 pm

ArchieBunker wrote:Oftentimes...trolling is simply the term used when a few people or even the forum monitors don't like the content or message of a post. There are posts which are obviously nothing but provocative or insulting comments meant to pull responses... and then there are legitimate, yet unpopular posts which are not troll bait. Even my post here will be considered troll bait by some. So much for free speech.

Quit playing the victim. It is unbecoming of you.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:43 pm

ArchieBunker wrote:Oftentimes...trolling is simply the term used when a few people or even the forum monitors don't like the content or message of a post. There are posts which are obviously nothing but provocative or insulting comments meant to pull responses... and then there are legitimate, yet unpopular posts which are not troll bait. Even my post here will be considered troll bait by some. So much for free speech.

Oftentimes, posters are considered trolls because their posts suggest a lack of understanding of the basic concepts they're trying to argue.

For example, once in awhile a troll will post some garbage, then try to claim that private citizens or admins of private message boards who disagree or disallow the troll's message are somehow committing a "free speech" offense.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby David Blaska » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:42 pm

laughter-magazine.jpg
laughter-magazine.jpg (28.03 KiB) Viewed 1239 times
wack wack wrote:Oftentimes, posters are considered trolls because their posts suggest a lack of understanding of the basic concepts they're trying to argue.

For example, once in awhile a troll will post some garbage, then try to claim that private citizens or admins of private message boards who disagree or disallow the troll's message are somehow committing a "free speech" offense.

Why, that sounds like you, Whack Job! So you're a Troll! How Droll!
David Blaska
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:08 pm

David Blaska wrote:
wack wack wrote:Oftentimes, posters are considered trolls because their posts suggest a lack of understanding of the basic concepts they're trying to argue.

Why, that sounds like you, Whack Job! So you're a Troll! How Droll!

I thought we were all in agreement that blather from the laird of the Stately Manor will remain at http://www.thedailypage.com/blaska/. Otherwise, said laird would seem like a weenie for not responding to direct questions, no?
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:22 pm

David Blaska wrote:Why, that sounds like you, Whack Job! So you're a Troll! How Droll!

At this time I must admit that Huck is absolutely correct; Blaska is an example of civility and enlightened discourse that we would all do well to emulate.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby David Blaska » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:30 am

What? You don't like it when targets respond in kind? Does that make you a "troll?"
David Blaska
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:41 pm

David Blaska wrote:What? You don't like it when targets respond in kind? Does that make you a "troll?"

Dave, I don't think you understand how the internet works.

Here:

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to National Politics & Government