MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Monday, April 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 55.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Baseball!!!!

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Re: Baseball!!!!

Postby doppel » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:52 pm

See ya next year Brauny. Good to get this over when it doesn't hurt the crew at all. Saves the Brewers a ton of money in a lost year. Let's hope the pop in his bat wasn't just due just to juicing. He'll always make contact. Tack an asterisk onto his career stats. Wait till next year. Gone out of business sale going on in Milwaukee right now. Let's hope we pick up another Segura or a couple of good young arms full of potential.
doppel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:16 pm

I wonder how Aaron Rodgers feels about this development, and where he will donate his salary.
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:24 pm

Think kids will still wear Braun jerseys? Is the Kwik Trip contest still on?

His marketability will suffer.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:28 pm

Time to file my Braun Jersey away with the Carlos Lee one I bought a month before he was traded. From now on they all say "Fisticuffs" on the back.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:36 pm

fisticuffs wrote:Time to file my Braun Jersey away with the Carlos Lee one I bought a month before he was traded. From now on they all say "Fisticuffs" on the back.

Do you honestly expect any of us to believe that you're not on the juice?

I, for one, won't be rushing out to buy this on Ebay. Fool me once...

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:48 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Is the Kwik Trip contest still on?

Well it didn't take long for me to get an answer. Kwik Trip dropped Braun like a hot potato.

Will the Brewers have an "exchange Braun jersey day"? At least he isn't accused of murder.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:07 pm

Dam you Onion! Hitting it out of the park this week between the Royal offspring and Braunie.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/brewer ... -se,33227/
http://www.theonion.com/articles/ryan-b ... -us,33223/
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:Is the Kwik Trip contest still on?

Well it didn't take long for me to get an answer. Kwik Trip dropped Braun like a hot potato.

Will the Brewers have an "exchange Braun jersey day"? At least he isn't accused of murder.

Doubt it, Doug Melvin seemed supportive last night as did most of the team as well as Mark Attanasio
"We are disappointed with the news today of the suspension of Ryan Braun and his admitted mistakes," Brewers principal owner Mark Attanasio said in a statement. "It's clear that Ryan used bad judgment, but we accept his apology and believe that he should be given the opportunity to redeem himself.

Fuck, Gallardo still thinks Braun is clean
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:59 am

My scientific research into fan's reaction to the Braun issue (I sorta watched out for jerseys at the game last night) would lead me to believe that there's a significant portion of fan's that either don't care, or find going to a game without their Brewers gear to be more troubling then wearing the numbers or name of a player who has been suspended for cheating.

As far as the Brewers themselves, they should admit that this whole thing is a distraction that is keeping them from playing well. Even if it isn't. Fuck was that a bad game.
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:02 am

Francis Di Domizio wrote:Doubt it, Doug Melvin seemed supportive last night as did most of the team as well as Mark Attanasio

Of course, because what matters is winning, nothing else.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:04 am

I watched the game on the tube and the Kwik Trip ad with Braun ran, even though Kwik Trip dropped Braun and cancelled his contest. I guess Fox Sports Wisconsin didn't get the memo.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:34 am

wack wack wrote:
Francis Di Domizio wrote:Doubt it, Doug Melvin seemed supportive last night as did most of the team as well as Mark Attanasio

Of course, because what matters is winning, nothing else.

How long have you followed the Brewers? What matters most is giving fans the impression you have a reasonable chance of maybe winning.
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:42 am

Francis Di Domizio wrote:How long have you followed the Brewers? What matters most is giving fans the impression you have a reasonable chance of maybe winning.

That's a marketing perspective. Find me one single player or coach who would say the same. And I'm a lifelong Cubs fan, don't try to tell me about putting lipstick on a pig!

I have been impressed with the way much of Milwaukee has embraced the truth of the Braun situation. Back when Sosa was found out in Chicago, it was obvious the guy had been juicing (there was no reasonable explanation for his physical change) and yet many continued the denials.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:20 am

wack wack wrote:I have been impressed with the way much of Milwaukee has embraced the truth of the Braun situation. Back when Sosa was found out in Chicago, it was obvious the guy had been juicing (there was no reasonable explanation for his physical change) and yet many continued the denials.

I think it was easy to buy that he was innocent of the original charges becuse there were no obvious signs of steriod use like there were with Bonds, McGuire or Sosa (either that or Braun has been juicing for years and had a build like Urkel). Now that he's come out and admitted he made mistakes (but damn little else, like what those mistakes were) there is really no reason to pretend he isn't guilty (though it be nice if the "of what" was answered). I don't remember if Sosa ever came clean, but it's easier to be in denial when the accused is leading the way.

wack wack wrote:That's a marketing perspective. Find me one single player or coach who would say the same. And I'm a lifelong Cubs fan, don't try to tell me about putting lipstick on a pig!

I bow to your superior level of masochism
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:21 pm

in lighter news I really like the title of this article;
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... l&c_id=mil

Hand leaves game with hand injury
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking