MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Monday, April 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 56.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Four big games this weekend

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Postby wallrock » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:33 pm

fisticuffs wrote:Thanks, I was watching this at home and when I left to go to a wedding reception it was 19-0. Then every time I snuck out into the lobby it was getting worse. Then I walked out in the lobby just in time to see what I thought was the Badgers tying it up at 27. I was shocked when I went back to check out OT and saw Michigan running out the clock up by 2.

I had roughly the same experience. My friend and I left his place with the 19-0 lead, and by the time we met up with his GF at the bar Michigan had started their comeback. I after the 2PT that wasn't I ran to the restroom, so I was quite shocked to come out to the results.
wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:57 pm

It was one of those technically correct, but possibly unnecessary calls with the game on the line. I think the refs could've put the whistles away on that one. Either way, the Badgers played/coached that second half like jackasses.
boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MeatStick » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:51 am

boston_jeff wrote:It was one of those technically correct, but possibly unnecessary calls with the game on the line. I think the refs could've put the whistles away on that one. Either way, the Badgers played/coached that second half like jackasses.

It was a good call, but it didn't make it any easier to take.

I totally agree on your critique of the 2nd half. UG-LY.
MeatStick
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking