MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Thursday, April 17, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 45.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Boston conspiracy theories

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: Boston conspiracy theories

Postby Shorty » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:15 pm

Youtube video claiming to show Dzhokhar is not one of the Boston Marathon bombers because he is running from the scene with his backpack still on, while another man (Craft aka Blackwater Agent) who had a backpack no longer has it after the blast.

The photo analysis starts about 2:45 but I can't tell if Dzhokhar still has back pack on. This analysis is probably baloney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjocGidS ... e=youtu.be

Also, here is the 60 minutes episode about the bombings:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-5 ... -bombings/
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:33 am

Meade wrote:What do you think, Hen -- Tsarnaev is a suspected criminal or an enemy combatant?

He appears to be American citizen who committed a crime on American soil. He's a suspected criminal.

He's no more an "enemy combatant" than Lindsey Graham, and considering the way Graham is calling for the moderation, suspension and general destruction of all but Second Amendment rights, he's far more dangerous to America than your enemy combatant could ever be.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:45 am

wack wack wrote:
Meade wrote:What do you think, Hen -- Tsarnaev is a suspected criminal or an enemy combatant?

He appears to be American citizen who committed a crime on American soil. He's a suspected criminal.

And even if he wasn't an American citizen, since his crimes were committed on American soil, he is entitled to all the protections enumerated in the Bill of Rights. The Bill never uses the term citizen, instead it specifically mentions people, persons and the accused.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:13 am

Okay, he is an accused criminal with all the rights and protections guaranteed under the U.S. constitution. You must be very concerned that he reportedly has not been Mirandized.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:15 am

Meade wrote:Okay, he is an accused criminal with all the rights and protections guaranteed under the U.S. constitution. You must be very concerned that he reportedly has not been Mirandized.

I am.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:23 am

wack wack wrote:I am.

Mind telling us why?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:30 am

Meade wrote:
wack wack wrote:I am.

Mind telling us why?

For the same reason I'd be concerned if you weren't Mirandized properly. Believe it or not.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Leroy Gates » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:42 am

Today's "NEWS" (as always subject to revision) claims the FBI interviewed the older brother as recently as six months ago after being tipped by the Russian Government. Why he was not a suspect immediately after the bombing is a mystery. This suggests a conspiracy so vast it could only be incompetence. I understand incompetence, practice incompetence daily, totally sympathize and can forgive incompetence but for the love of all that's holy could we not get incompetence cheaper?
Leroy Gates
Forum Addict

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:44 am

The FBI interviews tens of thousands of people based on reports they receive from all over the world.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:46 am

wack wack wrote:For the same reason I'd be concerned if you weren't Mirandized properly. Believe it or not.

Okay, it seems you want this to be a guessing game. Because you value my civil liberties over information you could get about my ties to overseas terror organizations because we aren't in fact in a real war with a global network of racist, sexist, homophobic enemies whose goal is to murder and destroy us by any means available?

Tell me, Mr. Wack, if I join a jihadist terror organization and use a bomb to murder innocent Americans - and then set off another bomb to murder more innocent Americans and then, without a license to possess a gun, murder another innocent American - am I a criminal or an enemy of America.
Last edited by Meade on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Leroy Gates » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:51 am

Henry Vilas wrote:The FBI interviews tens of thousands of people based on reports they receive from all over the world.

And how many of them live in Boston?
Leroy Gates
Forum Addict

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:53 am

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:01 am

Meade wrote:
wack wack wrote:For the same reason I'd be concerned if you weren't Mirandized properly. Believe it or not.

Okay, it seems you want this to be a guessing game. Because you value my civil liberties over information you could get about my ties to overseas terror organizations because we aren't in fact in a real war with a global network of racist, sexist, homophobic enemies whose goal is to murder and destroy us by any means available?

Tell me, Mr. Wack, if I join a jihadist terror organization and use a bomb to murder innocent Americans - and then set off another bomb to murder more innocent Americans and then, without a license to possess a gun, murder another innocent American - am I a criminal or an enemy of America.

No, because I don't want the information you provide to be deemed legally invalid.

In the plans you've outlined, you are a criminal. What you think and who made you think that way do not matter.

And no, we aren't "in fact in a real war." Absent this, what is an "enemy combatant"?
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:08 am

Not quite a "Boston" conspiracy theory, but I've often thought that one of the main reason our government insisted on waging a War on Drugs was so local police forces got the (real-time) training and weapons/equipment in order to conduct the type of paramilitary operation we saw happening in the aftermath of the Boston attacks.
penquin
Forum Addict

Postby jman111 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:09 am

wack wack wrote:Absent this, what is an "enemy combatant"?

Whoa! Easy there, partner.
Larry will ask the questions around here.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Headlines