MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Sunday, April 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 71.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

The Trayvon Martin & George Zimmerman Story

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: The Trayvon Martin & George Zimmerman Story

Postby Huckleby » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:00 pm

Ned Flanders wrote: Zimmerman the busybody in a development with considerable crime

Busy bodies are armed with binoculars and cell phones, and they certainly don't go stalking black teens. Barney Fife almost never was allowed a bullet in his gun.

I can believe that Zimmerman is actually a good person. I don't know. I feel sorry for him, just in case he is not mean. He killed somebody recklessly.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:06 pm

Huckleby wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote: Zimmerman the busybody in a development with considerable crime

Busy bodies are armed with binoculars and cell phones, and they certainly don't go stalking black teens. Barney Fife almost never was allowed a bullet in his gun.

I can believe that Zimmerman is actually a good person. I don't know. I feel sorry for him, just in case he is not mean. He killed somebody recklessly.

As far as I know, he was carrying legally. The guy was a bloody mess. At some point it became a fight for his life, at least in his mind. Encounters like this happen a thousand times a day, this one just escalated.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:09 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:
Huckleby wrote:

As far as I know, he was carrying legally. The guy was a bloody mess. At some point it became a fight for his life, at least in his mind. Encounters like this happen a thousand times a day, this one just escalated.

And when they happen and someone dies they go to jail. You can't stalk someone for blocks and claim self-defense. Stand Your Ground does not include chasing teenagers down.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:30 pm

Zimmerman claims he followed Martin, stopped, headed back to his car and was attacked by Martin.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:35 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Zimmerman claims he followed Martin, stopped, headed back to his car and was attacked by Martin.

What this tells me is that he is in more trouble than I thought. This story doesn't pass the smell test, I'm guessing he's making it because it is necessary for the self-defense argument.
Last edited by Huckleby on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:36 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Zimmerman claims he followed Martin, stopped, headed back to his car and was attacked by Martin.

Well, I'm sure there's no reason he might lie about that.
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:38 pm

Francis Di Domizio wrote:

Agreed. But that's his side of the story.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:55 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:
Francis Di Domizio wrote:

Agreed. But that's his side of the story.

Convenient that the one person who could disagree with that story is dead.
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:07 pm

It's often the case in murder cases that the victims do not testify.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:17 pm

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here today to further the misperception that George Zimmerman, a brown skinned man of mixed Hispanic descent, is actually the 'evil white man'. Furthermore, we are here to forward the notion that this 17 year old hoodlum, was actually a thirteen year old victim that you see in these 'baby-trayvon' photos we've made available exclusively as the face we want you to see. By the time it is all done, you will stupidly believe that the attacking burglar was a victim, that a Hispanic defendant is a white man, that our shoe string case is to be taken seriously, that contrived testimony is gospel, even when it is leading. My dear friends and fellows, I am here today to present a case that is so saturated with bullshit that you will be so bewildered, that you actually will believe that self defense is murder.

Because - we think you are stupid - you probably are - and it's the P.C. thing to do.

Signed,

Complete tool of a prosecutorial team,
Shamelessly throwing out assertions we know to be incredible,
Doing it for the media cred,
Bullshit-Peddler-General."
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:06 pm

There. See that Ned? THAT'S how to be impartial and two-sided. Why can't you be more like your brother?
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:24 pm

I think that "letter" Jeantel "wrote" and "couldn't read" was a lot of fraudulent bullshit.
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:43 pm

Bludgeon wrote:I think that "letter" Jeantel "wrote" and "couldn't read" was a lot of fraudulent bullshit.

Maybe you should read what actually happened before you comment. Jeantel and her friend composed the letter. Her friend wrote it.
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:50 pm

Bludgeon wrote:"Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here today to further the misperception that George Zimmerman, a brown skinned man of mixed Hispanic descent, is actually the 'evil white man'. Furthermore, we are here to forward the notion that this 17 year old hoodlum, was actually a thirteen year old victim that you see in these 'baby-trayvon' photos we've made available exclusively as the face we want you to see. By the time it is all done, you will stupidly believe that the attacking burglar was a victim, that a Hispanic defendant is a white man, that our shoe string case is to be taken seriously, that contrived testimony is gospel, even when it is leading. My dear friends and fellows, I am here today to present a case that is so saturated with bullshit that you will be so bewildered, that you actually will believe that self defense is murder.

Because - we think you are stupid - you probably are - and it's the P.C. thing to do.

Signed,

Complete tool of a prosecutorial team,
Shamelessly throwing out assertions we know to be incredible,
Doing it for the media cred,
Bullshit-Peddler-General."

How about a homeowner's boy friend's son is walking home and gets shot by the over zealous head of the neighborhood watch.
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:28 pm

I want to change my screen name to "creepy-ass cracker."

But it seems like you can't change your name, right?
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Headlines