MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Saturday, April 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 59.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

The Trayvon Martin & George Zimmerman Story

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: The Trayvon Martin & George Zimmerman Story

Postby DCB » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:23 pm

HawkHead wrote:5 events that has one thing in common and it is George Zimmerman.

Why do these thugs keep harassing poor Mr. Z?
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:43 pm

wack wack wrote:Bludgeon is suggesting she made it up. Apparently in addition to the 911 call, she broke her own shit and locked herself out (and him inside) of her own house in order to set him up.

'Cuz you know, bitches be trippin' and all that.

Well a lot of people seemed willing to believe Zimmerman self-inflicted his head and facial injuries.

By the way, his ex-wife recanted her story after consulting with her attorney.

I doubt her attorney advised her to do that for the benefit of George Zimmerman.

But we do know he was speeding twice.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:54 pm

Donald wrote:He stiffed Mark O'Meara for millions

Seems a litle harsh. Do you think Zimmerman has millions of dollars and is simply refusing to pay up? Or, do you think O'Meara took the case knowing the great expense involved and somehow Zimmerman would be able to scrape together enough to pay? More likely he took the case knowing that he'd profit in other ways if he won such a high-profile case. Frankly, I'm more impressed with OJ's lawyers. They managed to pull out a win, somehow, when the evidence against their client was quite strong. O'Meara won a case where the evidence was so weak that any 2nd Year Law Student should have been assured of an acquittal.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:03 pm

He's gonna get caught
Just you wait and see
(Why's everybody always pickin' on Z?)
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Dangerousman wrote:

I doubt her attorney advised her to do that for the benefit of George Zimmerman.

The recant rate in domestic abuse cases is extremely high. That the ex-wife did it isn't surprising.

Maybe you could look into battered wife syndrome. It is a very serious problem.
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:45 pm

HawkHead wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:

The recant rate in domestic abuse cases is extremely high. That the ex-wife did it isn't surprising.

Maybe you could look into battered wife syndrome. It is a very serious problem.

I'm aware of this. But I think that she recanted after consulting with her attorney puts it in a different light.

I have studied battered wife syndrome quite a bit: It isn't unusual to have women in the concealed carry course who have been in physically abusive relationships and who continue to be threatened and continue to live in fear. In some cases they cannot avoid continued contact with their abuser because of shared child custody.

I make it a point to study the various physical threats people may face so I have as deep of an understanding of their nature as I can have in order to advise them about ways of avoiding or otherwise dealing with the threats. So that covers dog attacks and terrorism, and lots of things in between.

Despite the caricature some people here attempt to paint, I am not a "get a gun, it'll solve all of your problems" guy. I try to make sure people understand that a gun solves only a very limited number of problems, and when it does it's seldom going to be in a manner that isn't ugly in some fashion.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:42 pm

I wasn't ragging on Z's ex wife for anything she did as a battered woman. Nobody here is denying the syndrome is quite real.

However, what sort of judgment is shown by his (now former, we hope) girlfriend, who most likely became part of his life after his divorce or separation, and after his trial? I'm glad she got away from him, and the fact she alleges previous unreported mistreatment suggests she's experiencing battered-woman syndrome too. But...

I know this is going to annoy a bunch of feminists out there, but what was Girlfriend thinking of getting into a relationship with Z in the first place? In any rational world he's disqualified himself from being relationship material for a good long time. He's a dangerous person with remarkably poor impulse control by anybody's measure.

One of the biggest parts of personal safety is associating with safe people.

This is sort of a threadjack, but sort of not.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:04 pm

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:29 am

Charlie's got a look on his face that says "Fuck, I've managed to attract someone who's more psycho than I am!"
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:24 am

Somehow finding time between stalking/murdering unarmed teenagers and beating his various girlfriends Mr. Zimmerman has released his first painting.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200 ... 1239922810
You can own this hand signed "Original" work for the low price of $110k at least if the auction holds. Now that Dman has been exposed to it I expect that price to go even higher. A true hero, and patriot because, guns.
http://www.mediaite.com/online/did-zimm ... -painting/
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:20 pm

Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Headlines