MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 35.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Ride the Drive Aug 12

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Ride the Drive Aug 12

Postby Beaver » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:43 pm

Sounds fun, I may have to go.

http://www.cityofmadison.com/parks/ride ... northside/

Join us for the first Ride the Drive-Northside on August 12, 2012 from 10am-3pm. Ride the Drive activity villages include:
Warner Park at the Duckpond featuring Madison Mallards, disc golf, Learn to Bike activities, vendors, food, and live music on the 105.5 TripleM Music Stage
10am Fire and Love
11am Cait Shanahan of Woodson
12 pm A Torrid Affair
1pm Married to the Sea
Troy Gardens (Troy Drive and Lerdahl Rd) features food, tours of Troy Gardens, and music by Obobofe Guinee
Warner Park Beach (Woodward Drive) features live music by Kettle Moraine, bouncy house, fitness activities, and swimming area.
Sherman Avenue at Boyd Avenue:Trek bicycles, free bike demos, cycling information, and Mad Rolling Dolls.
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Ride the Drive Aug 12

Postby sylvie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:50 pm

Although it was a bit inconvenient having to park on the next block when I had to go out of town on Sunday morning, and carry a lot of stuff to the car, but I might have been in a better mood without the disco music blaring at 9AM. :roll:
sylvie
Forum Addict

Postby TeachInPeace » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:47 am

It was a blast! We live nearby and didn't have any trouble, except that it was great to be able to walk over! Such a nice route past the lake and through some parts of Madison I've never explored. Great music and snacks around the route also! I hope they do this again, and soon!

My bike is out of commission, so we opted to rent the B Cycle bikes, and they were great, easy to ride, and well equipped. If I lived in Madison full time, I would totally take advantage of this - I hope it spreads to Milwaukee!

Also, this event didn't get going until 10, and the music didn't really start until after that. No louder than any other neighborhood festival, and a welcome change from the traffic noise, IMO.
TeachInPeace

Postby Beaver » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:08 pm

Teacher, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I agree with sylvie about the loud music blaring at the entrance. That was the only bad part of the ride and totally not needed.
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Town Vibe