MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 34.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Outer Limits club

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Outer Limits club

Postby Beaver » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:35 pm

The controversial strip club West of Middleton is re-opening tonight with free admission. Anyone going? I wonder how long they will stay open before they get closed for violations or crime. I give them two months.

http://www.silkmadison.com/
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Outer Limits club

Postby wack wack » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:46 pm

Beaver wrote:The controversial strip club West of Middleton is re-opening tonight with free admission. Anyone going? I wonder how long they will stay open before they get closed for violations or crime. I give them two months.

http://www.silkmadison.com/

OK, seriously... the strip club thread is started by Beaver? Too much.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby c02 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:51 pm

....and immediately replied to by "Wack Wack," FTW.
c02
Forum Addict

Postby HeyZeus » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:02 pm

I saw ads for bouncers/bartenders on craigslist a few weeks ago. I was wondering if they were sneaking into the Scatz building. That building is made for a strip club.

They'll need to import some strippers. Wisconsin strippers are just plain nasty.
HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:33 pm

wack wack wrote:OK, seriously... the strip club thread is started by Beaver? Too much.

I had my money riding on MadMind, but now I see he somehow missed this thread and worked himself into a froth in a new one.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:21 pm

HeyZeus wrote:They'll need to import some strippers. Wisconsin strippers are just plain nasty.

Where do good strippers come from? Chicago? New Orleans?
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby c02 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:24 am

I'm no strip club conniseur but I did end up in two clubs on Bourbon street last year. Neither visit lasted more than 2 minutes. The clubs were a bump and grind away from a staph infection.
c02
Forum Addict

Postby Endo Rockstar » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:17 am

Haven't been there since its been remodeled (again). But now I think its actually under the Silk name. I have a bachelor party coming up this weekend and there's a possibility we'll stop by after we're done at in Dells.....you know, for science....

Speaking of the Dells, our main event is...Wett Nightclub owned by the guy who owns Mt. Olympus, which features (wait for it) triple $$$ bottle service for that authentic Vegas experience. They've come a long way since Big Chief's Go Cart Track apparently.

I get the feeling I'm going to be broke for a month after this weekend.

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:06 am

The place in the Dells is called Wett? That's unfortunate.

i was at a strip club in Juneau a decade ago, can't remember the name but I think it was right in the town square. There was a railing around the stage with a padded top covered in porous fabric, not vinyl. All the guys would lean on it with their undoubtedly clean arms and hands, they would put money in their mouths and lay back on it with their greasy hair. The strippers would straddle and sit (and grind) on it... it was kinda gray, probably not originally.

I'm getting a little yucked out just remembering it.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind75 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:24 pm

Withholding any personal endorsement, if it's one thing about Silk I do respect is that somehow they managed to be the only new strip club to open in Milwaukee since On The Border in 1996 (Solid Gold and Crazy Horse were simply changeovers), and aside from Club Bristol, the only other club to manage to open in Dane County for over 30 years. It's just ashame that a legal business has to fight their way in armed with a specialized attorney and lawsuits, and making the transition from bar to exotic dancing under the radar.

narcoleptish wrote:I was at a strip club in Juneau a decade ago, can't remember the name but I think it was right in the town square.

That was Cocktails & Dreams, which Silk then purchased and dumped $2 Million into to have the building transformed into Silk Juneau. Probably the most impressive transformation of any building I've ever seen. Having had been there once or twice before, then once or twice after, the club is unrecognizable from what it once was.

Beaver wrote:
HeyZeus wrote:They'll need to import some strippers. Wisconsin strippers are just plain nasty.

Where do good strippers come from? Chicago? New Orleans?

Good strippers, or at least attractive strippers, come from just about everywhere. I think there are plenty of attractive women in Madison/Wisconsin, but getting them on the pole is another thing altogether. I think there's still a heavy stigma in Dane County/Wisconsin concerning gentlemen's clubs. That and because there's only 3 clubs in the entirety of Dane County, girls are probably concerned that they'll see someone they know, while in areas with more clubs and a larger population base, chances of that happening are somewhat lessened, or at least perceived that way.
MadMind75
Forum Addict

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:54 am

One word: Bean Snappers
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:55 am

MadMind75 wrote: I think there are plenty of attractive women in Madison/Wisconsin, but getting them on the pole is another thing altogether.

You velvet-tongued rascal you...
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:25 am

Ned Flanders wrote:One word: Bean Snappers

Jesus Christ, Ned - you can't even count to fucking TWO?!!
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:32 am

Marvell wrote:

Jesus Christ, Ned - you can't even count to fucking TWO?!!

I think the old boy just snapped his bean.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wallrock » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:46 am

Back when my sister was living in Shawano I drove with my grandparents up to visit for a weekend. As we were passing through Mackville my grandfather, 89 at the time, inquired about possibly stopping for "lunch at that local tavern there." After I informed him of the true nature of the establishment he maintained his ignorance of that fact, but I just know he saw one of those billboards on 41.
wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Town Vibe