MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Thursday, April 24, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 52.0° F  Light Rain
Collapse Photo Bar

No 2nd Job for Pot Smoker because of drug testing but wait..

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: No 2nd Job for Pot Smoker because of drug testing but wa

Postby wack wack » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:36 am

Meade wrote:Sure. Why not? Hell, employers are free to discriminate against hiring people who wear straw hats, lace-up boots, and who roll their own cigarettes. Should they not be?

Straw hats, lace-up boots and RYO smokes are the trappings of my religious beliefs; you can't discriminate against me for those reasons.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:55 am

Gorcon wrote:IDK because he is? I just thought id give you the full picture. If he was brown blue or green I would of said so.

Are you a teaper? I've heard that all teapers are racist and illiterate.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:04 am

Gorcon wrote:I forgot about the feds still saying its illegal even when states legalize it.... That would prob be the way they can keep practicing this obvious invasion of privacy right...? However can the feds pick and choose to enforce one law and not the other like "illegal" aliens as an example? Or how they have let California smoke and sell pot for years? How is that fair?

Here's how it is fair: (from the White House of President Barack Obama)
Marijuana is classified as a Schedule I controlled substance under the Controlled Substances Act (CSA). As a Schedule I drug, marijuana is classified under the following criteria:

A. The drug has a high potential for abuse.
B. The drug has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States
C. There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug under medical supervision.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby SidSeven » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:53 am

Hey meade, if they can test my precious bodily fluids, can I test their brains? You know, to see if they have any? Can I test THEIR
bodily fluids? The problem with these tests is the length of time the banned substances remain in one's system. It IS an invasion of privacy. What else might they ban? Nicotine? Caffeine? What if I eat a poppyseed bagel? What's next? Genetic testing?

And HEY! If all these employers are testing everyones' piss, maybe they could test for other things while they are at it? Like cancer.
They should at least do that, after all they don't pay shit for wages.
SidSeven

Previous

Return to Local Politics & Government