MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 31.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Saturday's gun rally at the Capitol

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Saturday's gun rally at the Capitol

Postby kurt_w » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:32 pm

lukpac wrote:Uh oh!

As many as 4,200 We Energies customers have lost electricity in Milwaukee's Riverwest neighborhood, according to the company.

An outage was reported about 11:15 a.m. and a second was reported just after noon, company spokesman Brian Manthey said.

Crews haven't reported a cause for the outage, but Manthey noted winds were expected to be strong Friday, which could cause problems with power lines.

http://www.jsonline.com/newswatch/187476821.html

Has the looting and cannibalism begun?
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:49 pm

jjoyce wrote:
rrnate wrote:Also, I need to thank Jason for linking to the "pick songs" thread on Facebook, which is by far the greatest thing I have seen online this week.

My pleasure. The other great thing about Isthmus Beer & Cheese Fest: It's a Montgomery Gentry-free zone.

That's what YOU think. I'll be smuggling some in...in my heart.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:06 pm

More fascinating comments from that thread where the gun-nuts speculate about shooting holes in electrical substations to shut off power to cities and other "liberal" targets:

Ok Bob I see how it is.
Most U.S. Federal gun control legislation has been written, introduced, and sponsored by Jewish Congressmen and Jewish Senators.
Apparently it’s okay for Jews to possess guns, just not Goyim cattle. Oh yes, the greatest gun grabbers in US History are and have always been quite Jewish. “Gun control” in the United States is as Jewish as our liberal and self destructive immigration policies.

U.S. Federal Gun Control Legislation, 1968 — present

Emanuel Celler(Ashkenazi Jew), Democratic Representative from New York(1923 — 1973)
Howard M. Metzenbaum(Ashkenazi Jew), Democratic Senator from Ohio(1974, 1976 — 1995)
Carl M. Levin(Ashkenazi Jew), Democratic Senator from Michigan(1979 — present)
Thomas P. “Tom” Lantos(Ashkenazi Jew), Democratic Representative from California(1981 — 2008)
Arlen Specter(Ashkenazi Jew), Democratic Senator from Pennsylvania(1981 — present)
Charles E. “Chuck” Schumer(Ashkenazi Jew), Democratic Senator from New York(1999 — present), Democratic Represenative from New York(1981-1999)
Frank R. Lautenberg(Ashkenazi Jew), Democratic Senator from New Jersey(1982 — 2001, 2003 — present)
Barbara L. Boxer(Ashkenazi Jew), Democratic Senator from California(1993 — present), Democratic Representative from California(1983 — 1993)
Herbert H. “Herb” Kohl(Ashkenazi Jew), Democratic Senator from Wisconsin(1989 — present)
Dianne G. Feinstein(Ashkenazi Jew), Democratic Senator from California(1992 — present)
Jerrold L. Nadler(Ashkenazi Jew), Democratic Representative from New York(1992 — present)
Steven R. “Steve” Rothman(Ashkenazi Jew), Democratic Representative from New Jersey(1997 — present)

No, I have no idea why the commenter feels it's so important to differentiate between Ashkenazi vs Sephardic Jews. The ways of neo-nazis are sometimes inscrutable.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:15 pm

kurt_w wrote:Has the looting and cannibalism begun?

I can only assume so.
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:17 pm

lukpac wrote:
kurt_w wrote:Has the looting and cannibalism begun?

I can only assume so.

Strangely, there's been no news out of Riverwest all day. That suggests something terrible must be happening.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:22 pm

kurt_w wrote:More fascinating comments from that thread where the gun-nuts speculate about shooting holes in electrical substations to shut off power to cities and other "liberal" targets:

You missed this one:

John Bowman wrote:Bob, you should check out the book “Unintended Consequences” by John Ross. It’s out of print, so you can’t buy it, but if you google “john ross unintended consequences PDF”, there are many links.

It’s a story about a man who accidentally kills several BATF agents who were trying to break into the house of his friend, which he was guarding while the friend (a gun dealer and Class III Manufacturer) was away. He thought the black-clad figures in the middle of the night were burglars, after all, what law enforcement comes in the middle of the night?

Having killed all but 2 of them, and capturing the last 2, he realizes he’s crossed the line, and they would never stop hunting him. So, he turns the tables… … and ends up forcing the government to repeal a lot of the gun laws.

It’s a great read, and an excellent primer for anyone who takes “I WILL NOT COMPLY” and “MOLON LABE” seriously.

Great read!
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mean Scenester » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:God's weapon of choice was the jawbone of an ass.

In that case, this rallying crowd will be heavily armed.
Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:26 pm

This one is good - those so-called terrorists were dumb:

Harold wrote:9/11 got our attention- bit it didn’t disable NYC. With far less effort, NYC could have been rendered unviable. Our enemies really aren’t all that intelligent, or else they really don’t want to destroy us.
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:36 pm

OK, I think it's time for another addition to the list of useful reminders that the Teapers might want to write on the back of their hands:

(1) I will not go on television to discuss my crackpot ideas about rape while campaigning for the US Senate.

(2) When speculating about why Al Qaeda didn't manage to wreak even more havoc on the liberal metropolis New York City, and ways that someone could do better, I will try not to sound too eager.

Be nice if the TP crowd could edge their way back towards normalcy a bit, before we need to come up with useful reminder no. 3.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:38 pm

Since someone asked way back on Page 1 of this topic, I've arrived at the number of people I think will participate in the gun rally Saturday.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:29 pm

snoqueen wrote:Since someone asked way back on Page 1 of this topic, I've arrived at the number of people I think will participate in the gun rally Saturday.

Are you including the male german shepherd named Gretchen wearing a tattered Gadsden flag?
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Galoot » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:59 pm

Well? Did they have a rally or not? I don't see anything on the news about it at all.
Galoot
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:07 pm

Stebben84 wrote:Well, Facebook has 304 confirmed guest and we all know how reliable event request are. I'm going for about 175 with a counter protest of about 50.

Looked like around 300 to me. No counter protest that I could see. Lots of holstered open carry.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:40 pm

Five to six hundred, according to the Capitol police.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:08 pm

I had to go up town so I took a detour and drove around the square around 2 pm to look. The assembly was at the King St corner of the capitol, the speakers had their backs to the capitol, and the audience filled the space between the speakers area and the statue of Hegg, so you can make your own guess as to how many people fit in that piece of sidewalk. I'd say a couple hundred, but I imagine people came and went all afternoon so the actual attendance was more than the number at any one time. Plenty of Gadsden flags and posters with writing I couldn't read from where I was, but one sign farther down the sidewalk caught my eye. It had some version of "freedom comes from the barrel of a gun" credited to Mao. I laughed right out loud at the poetic justice. 40 years ago the hippies were all over Chairman Mao, and now it's the gunnies. What goes around comes around.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government