MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, July 9, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 61.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Isthmus Branches into Possible Libel in Insulting Activist!

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Isthmus Branches into Possible Libel in Insulting Activi

Postby napattak » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:05 pm

Jeremy, you are a blue-fisting moocher if I ever saw one. Quit your worthless whining and get a job. You are not dying either, although many wish you would, you liberal nutjob.
napattak

Postby Bland » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:18 pm

green union terrace chair wrote: That's what that article seemed to infer.
No- you inferred it. The article implied it.

Nothing else of value on this thread so there might as well be a grammar lesson.

But as long as I'm here.....I don't care if he said dad or dead, either way that's some childish-sounding shit. Seriously, Jeremy, you whine like an 8-yr.old on the playground taunting a classmate. How can you possibly think such a tactic would be even the least bit effective? Do you give people what they want when they act like a total turd?
Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Bland wrote:
green union terrace chair wrote: That's what that article seemed to infer.
No- you inferred it. The article implied it.

Nothing else of value on this thread so there might as well be a grammar lesson.

I'll take it. I learned something today!
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:21 pm

I didn't have anything to do with the article in question. Take your "case" elsewhere, Jeremy.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:36 pm

green union terrace chair wrote:
O.J. wrote:
The mother of Jeremy J. "Segway" Ryan, 24, of Madison, found the jacket in October while she was cleaning out Ryan's apartment at 515 State St

Read more: http://host.madison.com/news/local/crim ... z2GNSNdiwO

Your mommy still cleans up after you? How quaint.

Even worse ... did his mother turn him in to the cops? That's what that article seemed to infer.

Better be careful or Jeremy's mom might sue you for libel.

Oh yeah, you're anonymous. Libel away!
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:01 pm

Jeremy Ryan wrote:As you can see in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZQl-WD2aWY , I never said “Wheeler is Dead”, I said “Wheeler's dad” a major difference.

Actually, it's not a major difference. The difference between "dead" and "dad' is the letter "e". Aurally, the difference is even less and is nearly imperceptible, especially when spoken by someone with a speech defect or, in your case, Jeremy, someone with only 40% of one lung left.

At the 6:00 mark in that video, Jeremy, it sounds like you said. "...his daughter used to call the cops on us when he was alive..." (my bolding). So the video is evidence of you singing a song that had to do with Dick Wheeler, who, as we all now know, was both a dad and deceased (dead). Upon listening carefully to the entire video, it seems reasonable to hear "dad" as "dead" especially since you also referred, six minutes later, to Mr. Wheeler when he was "alive".

ISTHMUS: Most egregious was when he loudly chanted "Dick Wheeler is dead" while the recently deceased Capitol journalist's daughter was working inside.

So what do you want from ISTHMUS, Jeremy? A public apology? A correction? An update? Do you want damages? Damages for what? As a political activist, you have made yourself a public figure who seeks publicity and attention. ISTHMUS has given you massive amounts of attention and free publicity. A reasonable jury might even conclude that you owe them.

I say if you want to sue them, sue them. But don't threaten to sue them. And don't use their online domain to threaten to sue them. For a famous courageous political activist, that's bad form.

Now go clean your room and try to avoid receiving stolen property.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Joe Tarr » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:17 pm

At the 6:25 mark of the video you post in your defense, you say to your friends: "I didn't speak ill of him at all." One of your friends responds, "No, you just said he was dead." To which you reply, "Yeah, it's a fact, I didn't say anything bad about him."

If you don't dispute her interpretation of what you said, why are you disputing our interpretation, which is exactly the same?
Joe Tarr

Postby ryanj0 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:30 pm

I did not say he was dead I do sometimes agree with people and not fully catch what they are saying. I never did say Wheeler is dead. I posted everything that was said. Also, if you listen to the sentence in question, saying "Wheelers Dead" would not make any sense, if you say "Wheelers dad" the entire sentence makes sense.
ryanj0

Postby ryanj0 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:45 pm

And by the way, Dick Wheeler's daughter, Gwyn was not in the room at the time. They did get one thing right in the article, my singing is very off key. There are many words worse than off key that would still fit in that aspect I suppose. Don't worry I won't be trying out for American Idol at any time.
ryanj0

Postby Meade » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:47 pm

ryanj0 wrote:I did not say he was dead I do sometimes agree with people and not fully catch what they are saying.

Okay. I'll accept that, Jeremy. Now why can't you accept that viewers of your video, including Isthmus, didn't "fully catch" what YOU were saying when you repeatedly mis-prounounced the word "dad"? By the way, just a stylistic point, but why did you choose "dad" over "father"?

Why not let bygones be bygones with Isthmus? Besides, you don't want to sully your sterling reputation as a courageous political activist by adding litigiousness on top of master of jackassery. Do you?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby RhiannonGrey » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:10 pm

I quite frankly don't consider this to even be news. I don't understand why a reporter would go after a someone who has really no relevance to the rest of Wisconsin in general. Unless of course the said reporter is trying to tarnish his name for some reason. Why would this "news" source make someone like Jeremy Ryan relevant? And for something so pointless. Unless he took this jacket by force, which he didn't. Jeremy Ryan fights for the people of WI, so that we have a voice, because it's become terribly obvious that Walker and the "rule makers" don't give a damn about what we want. Jeremy Ryan is but one person in an ocean of people fighting for their rights, something that the "elite" are trying to buy their way out of. So why is this "news" source find it important to report on this one persons relevance? Hmmmm...... could it be that his voice is making a difference? Could it be that the ocean of people fighting for their rights are making a difference? Could it be that the money being pumped into Walkers administration, by corporate "elites", just doesn't add up to the ocean of voices calling for justice. While I, and many like me want these out right lies retracted and apologized for, I would also like to thank this "news" source for making people like Jeremy relevant. Your showing people like Jeremy and I and all the rest that we are being heard, we are making a difference. Throw all the money you want at it, and it adds up to nothing compared to our voices. So thank you Isthmus, for showing us that our hard fight for our rights isn't in vain, and I promise you, because of your recognition of what we can do we will continue to fight for our rights and our freedom to peruse our happiness. Thank you for showing the force we have created can't be bought out by the Koch Bros. or corporate bullies, we are relevant not only in your eyes, but theirs as well. We aren't going away, we are here and we will remain here until things are set right, and until the "elite" realize that true happiness cannot be bought. We are not your slaves, we will not adhere to you treating us like we are a lesser form than you. Our wills will not be broken by a meaningless piece of paper. The "elite" will be brought to judgement when it comes to your idolatry of the "all mighty dollar". Because lets face it, if they're the only ones who have it, what could it possibly mean to the rest of us?
RhiannonGrey

Postby swimmingupstream » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:16 pm

I'm lost.

Is Wheeler dead or not? Because if he is not he should sue for libel.
swimmingupstream
Forum Addict

Postby Aebloch » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:52 pm

Would SJR aka Captain Douche nozzle please go away already. First saying Wheelers Dad makes no since... Saying Guenthers Dad would. It would still be incredibly horrible but at the very least correct. He said dead, he knows it, we all knew it... For god sakes he gives us the video of it.

Also, anyone who knowly keeps an official police uniform, when you're not officer of the law is an idiot, but then again this is SJR we are talking about.

Ps... I don't think his mom regularly cleans for him... This was an exception he was being committed and evicted at the same time.
Aebloch

Postby Meade » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:41 pm

swimmingupstream wrote:I'm lost.

Is Wheeler dead or not? Because if he is not he should sue for libel.

You are lost, Mr. Stream. Let me see if I can help.

Dick Wheeler (may he rest in peace) is deceased. And Segway Boy is... (brace yourself)...

your father.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby swimmingupstream » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:36 pm

Really?

I am so fucked.
swimmingupstream
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government