MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Friday, April 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 50.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Makes Finding Nemo look like a puddle of vomit in comparison

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?

Makes Finding Nemo look like a puddle of vomit in comparison

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:02 pm

Hurry up and buy some shit
Conceived, written, directed and produced by Brad Van of Droids Attack/Destroy All Media.
charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Makes Finding Nemo look like a puddle of vomit in comparison

Postby chainsawcurtis » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:18 am

I don't mind getting sucked in by the post headline. I don't even mind that it was a commercial. Where are the puppets? I want my fucking puppets......
chainsawcurtis
Forum Addict

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:18 am

chainsawcurtis wrote:Where are the puppets? I want my fucking puppets......
What on Earth are you going on about? I don't find this criticism constructive due to the obvious presense of puppets in the above clip.

In fact it may surprise that the actor in the lead role (Crusty the company CEO) was not a miraculously well trained crab. It was a motherfucking puppet! You could even see Brad's hand if you weren't so goddamn busy suspending your disbelief.

But this all conceals the main point which is have you bought some cheap stuff from the Crustacean webstore yet and if not, why?
charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:23 pm

I know you are a blues guitarist and not a trained zoologist so maybe I shouldn't be so hard on you. And well the special effects are state of the art so its no surprise why you got so confused. But just to clear things up for the future:
Puppet

Animal

Puppet

Animal

Puppet

Animal

Now go buy records! From Crustacean! Now! Shits cheap!
charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Postby chainsawcurtis » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:51 pm

Umm...okay. Hang on while I go watch it three or four more times. It might just be that I wasn't quite awake yet.

Actually did watch it a few times.

Sorry 'bout the mix up. It's a browser thing (FF2.0.0.something). The sound played through to the end but the video was real choppy and wasn't connected to the sound track. When the kid says, "Hurry up and buy this shit," the picture was still on the first scene. I thought the thing was over. That and I was on my first coffee.

BTW: Nice chick on the band crawl and yes - good puppets!
chainsawcurtis
Forum Addict

Postby droidsattack » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:10 pm

Thanks, Jake! It was a very difficult commercial to make. I think W.C. Feilds said it best when he said, "Never work with children or animal puppets". The whole production was grueling. Hand cramps, occasional shark attacks, and really terrible craft service... it was a nightmare. Getting that treasure chest to open by magic was really hard to do too. I'm never shooting anything under water again! Plus after all that, I doubt anyone is going to recognize the "Freedom Rock" reference at the begining, but oh well. You're probably going to sell out of your entire inventory after this sale is over, so it was all worth it.
droidsattack
Forum God/Goddess

Return to TV