MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Saturday, April 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 36.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

HD channels scattered in the wind

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?

HD channels scattered in the wind

Postby depinmad » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:14 pm

seriously, about the ONLY thing charter ever did right was line up all their HD channels in a nice numerical row. now of course, they've gone and blown it all to smithereens.
fuck them.
with a stick.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:29 am

This new ordering is really strange indeed. It doesn't appear to serve any immediate purpose. I guess they are making room for more HD channels in the future or something - we didn't get anything noteworthy this time.

Funny story. On Tuesday, I called them to complain about consistent issues with signal quality for a couple of months. I wanted them to come with an amp and signal tester. They instead reset my cable cards. Immediately after that, it seemed like my channels were totally screwed up because of this lineup change. I called and asked, "was there a lineup change?" They answered, "No. We'll issue another cable card reset". Heh.

I did get a nice, competent guy the next day who said there was a lineup change and they would in fact be sending out a tech to test the signal.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Re: HD channels scattered in the wind

Postby EastSideTom » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:34 am

Now comes word that as of April 15, Charter is changing the lineup on Music Choice "to better serve the evolving music interests of its diverse audience." Among the music channels they're dropping: Bluegrass and Americana.

They've really got their finger on the pulse of Madison's music tastes, huh?
EastSideTom
Forum Addict

Postby Kenneth Burns » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:15 am

Not to get abstruse here, but the computer I've long used as a DVR suddenly can't pick up Charter's unscrambled hi-def QAM channels. The system is a bit of a house of cards, so I wouldn't be surprised if the problem is some hardware or software issue with my PC. But might there have been a change on Charter's end? Does anyone else watch Charter's unscrambled HD QAM feeds?
Kenneth Burns
Forum God/Goddess

Postby tsquare » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:25 pm

EastSideTom wrote:Now comes word that as of April 15, Charter is changing the lineup on Music Choice "to better serve the evolving music interests of its diverse audience." Among the music channels they're dropping: Bluegrass and Americana.

They've really got their finger on the pulse of Madison's music tastes, huh?

This is so disappointing - these are the 2 channels we actually listen to. I looked into this a little further and, surprisingly enough, it isn't Charter's decision - it's coming directly from Music Choice. If you visit their website, they have an area where you can leave comments. I intend to do just that, not that it will make an ounce of difference.

http://www.musicchoice.com/channelchange/
tsquare

Postby Kenneth Burns » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:12 am

Speaking of Music Choice, this Music Choice slide omits crucial information:

Setting aside the Doors work of bass player Jerry Scheff: Ray Manzarek most notably filled the missing low end not with organ but with the fearsome Rhodes piano bass. I love that thing.

Nice looking group of young people there.
Kenneth Burns
Forum God/Goddess

Return to TV